Wayne McCullough: "Ortiz should've had 5 minutes to recover"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post

When two fighters embrace in that manner, they usually, out of respect,

create a space and acknowledge that the other is ready to fight.

Floyd used the opportunity and sucker punched his opponent. He pretended to be cordial about the situation and then as Victor was retreating back to position, sucker punched him.

Now if Floyd didn't want another hug, he should have just pushed him off from the jump. But no, he acted like everything was all good and teed off.
    He didn't act like anything. LOOK AT YOUR SIG!!!! He touched gloves and then put his hands up. Ortiz kept walking in for a hug. Did floyd put his arms around Ortiz? NO! He put his hands up to fight. Like it or not the punch was legal, no matter what you want to say about it. Was it a punk move? Yes, i'm not arguing that. But like I said, it's Ortiz's fault he was hit like that. Then after he gets hit with the hook he just stands there, who does that!? Would you sit there and look at the ref if someone popped you in the mouth? Shane Mosley sure didn't when Floyd popped him. But then again Shane has sense enough to know that he's supposed to protect himself at all times. Obviously Ortiz lacks that knowledge.

Comment

Ortiz had 10 seconds to recover and could not make it. Individuals need to lose the ignorance. The ref started the fight again. If Victor did not know, Floyd let him know. Quit whining when everyone knows this is all on Victor and know one else. Also, a small note on the fight. Every time Cortez broke up a clinch, Joe stated "let's go" to continue the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        He didn't act like anything. LOOK AT YOUR SIG!!!! He touched gloves and then put his hands up. Ortiz kept walking in for a hug. Did floyd put his arms around Ortiz? NO! He put his hands up to fight. Like it or not the punch was legal, no matter what you want to say about it. Was it a punk move? Yes, i'm not arguing that. But like I said, it's Ortiz's fault he was hit like that. Then after he gets hit with the hook he just stands there, who does that!? Would you sit there and look at the ref if someone popped you in the mouth? Shane Mosley sure didn't when Floyd popped him. But then again Shane has sense enough to know that he's supposed to protect himself at all times. Obviously Ortiz lacks that knowledge.
        It's a legal grey area, but the part in bold is what people are unhappy about. They don't pay to watch fights decided by cheap 'punk moves' and generally it's just distasteful. Hope you understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
          You are apparently a blind Sick Racist Thug. Legal? yes. Sucker punch? Yes. If I walked up to you on the street, and said I was going to kick your ass, and then I apoligized, acted like I was going to hug you, and then while your guard was down, hit you anyway, it would be a suckerpunch.
          see post #13, go to the mirror, slap yourself in the face HARD and say "i'm a silly, silly boy".

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          in other words, you're a limp-d!cked douchebag who doesn't know what suckerpunch means???!!!
          on the contrary, i'm not a sedentary phag who brings irrelevant street-fight terms into discussion on a controlled sport/discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            It's a legal grey area, but the part in bold is what people are unhappy about. They don't pay to watch fights decided by cheap 'punk moves' and generally it's just distasteful. Hope you understand this.
            What I understand is that you are upset at one individual for the ignorance of another. Instead of just putting the blame on Ortiz. You and many others are blaming Floyd for taking advantage of Victor's ignorance. When in Boxing or in any sport, it is a individual or teams job to take advantage of another s mistake. In a football game, when a team starts a play and the defense is not set. Whose at fault? If that team scored the winning touchdown because that other teams was not ready to play, who would be at fault? The truth is so obvious. Put the blame where it should go and leave it there.

Comment

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
              What I understand is that you are upset at one individual for the ignorance of another. Instead of just putting the blame on Ortiz. You and many others are blaming Floyd for taking advantage of Victor's ignorance. When in Boxing or in any sport, it is a individual or teams job to take advantage of another s mistake. In a football game, when a team starts a play and the defense is not set. Whose at fault? If that team scored the winning touchdown because that other teams was not ready to play, who would be at fault? The truth is so obvious. Put the blame where it should go and leave it there.
              The blame is divided into 3 aholes. Cortez, Victor and mayweather. They are all to blame. Now you get it? It's a fuked up fight! Hope this gets into your thick skull. The 3 amigos fuvked up lol

Comment

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
                Floyd is blamed for taking advantage of the referee's negligence with unsportsmanlike and classless behaviour.

It may be acceptable to you personally, that's on you and your own set of morals, but it's not acceptable to the vast majority of people and that is why there is an huge public outcry. If it was acceptable behaviour, you wouldn't hear any complaint, simple as that.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 09-19-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Are the British rules different? Seems Greenteef doesn't understand the rules here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    The blame is divided into 3 aholes. Cortez, Victor and mayweather. They are all to blame. Now you get it? It's a fuked up fight! Hope this gets into your thick skull. The 3 amigos fuvked up lol
                    Ortiz ****ed it up. Floyd's job is to hit him, not hug him. The fight had resumed. Again, stop blaming others for Victor's ignorance. He's a big boy.

Comment

This below is a CHEAP! Floyd is so much of a cheap shot artist that he had to use the corner to knock out Ricky Hatton

Comment

Working...
                      X