Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hops laid the blueprint, Forrest will put it into effect. Vernon will embarras Pavlic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan of both guys, Pavlik more, and I see Pavlik winning this by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack Morris View Post
      Oh please! You guys are acting like Pavlic is some sort of pure boxer. All he has is that so called "power" right hand which I've said from the beginning is overrated and useless against a pure boxer (i.e. Vernon Forrest).
      oh please you act like Forrest is some sort of pure boxer. All he has is that so called "power jab" which I have said from the beginning is overated and useless against a fighter willing to fire back (i.e. Kelly Pavlik)

Comment

I hope the Pavlik camp isn't stupid enough have him fight Vernon next. He would be better off fighting Margarito & he would still lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Not even close. Anyone who makes a list of the quality fighters they've been in with would see that instantly.
          Are you insinuating that Vernon has not fought better competition than Pavlik?

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
            Are you insinuating that Vernon has not fought better competition than Pavlik?
            Pavlik has beaten middleweights. Except for Mosley, Forrest has beaten some very ordinary welters and junior middleweights. Fighters like Miranda, Zertuche, and Taylor would knock Vernon out. Add to that he is several years past his prime. Do you think Sergio Mora, even on his best day, could beat Pavlik?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Pavlik has beaten middleweights. Except for Mosley, Forrest has beaten some very ordinary welters and junior middleweights. Fighters like Miranda, Zertuche, and Taylor would knock Vernon out. Add to that he is several years past his prime. Do you think Sergio Mora, even on his best day, could beat Pavlik?
              We don't know for a fact that Miranda, Zertuche, or Taylor would KO Vernon. That is pure speculation. We do know that Taylor couldn't KO Cory Spinks & some actually thought Cory Spinks won the fight. Vernons wins over Baldomir, Quartey, Mora, & Mosley twice is better than just having Taylor as your most notable victory.

Comment

even though forrest is a pure boxer and the blueprint is there i have to go with my gut and pick pavlik. forrest to me looks like he's on his last legss and i don't think he'd be able to do what bhop did to pavlik for 12 rounds. i think pavlik would break him down and get the ko.

Comment

I hope the Pavlik camp isn't stupid enough have him fight Vernon next. He would be better off fighting Margarito & he would still lose.
                  this is hilarious.

Comment

Heh heh, NO..........

Comment

We don't know for a fact that Miranda, Zertuche, or Taylor would KO Vernon. That is pure speculation. We do know that Taylor couldn't KO Cory Spinks & some actually thought Cory Spinks won the fight. Vernons wins over Baldomir, Quartey, Mora, & Mosley twice is better than just having Taylor as your most notable victory.

Of course it is speculation if it hasn't happened. That goes without saying and is obviously JMO. Forrest's win over Baldomir doesn't do anything to indicate he could beat Pavlik. The Quartey fight was a blatant robbery. He split two fights with Mora and looked washed up in both of them. The Mosley fights were a long, long time ago, and Shane doesn't matchup to Kelly physically at all. I'd give Paul Williams a very good chance to beat Pavlik, but Forrest almost zero.

Comment

Working...
                      X