No announcement yet.

Amir Khan "My Speed will beat Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rakim Tha God View Post
    Comapring Khan vs May to RJJ vs Toney is idiotic. RJJ had out of this world GOD given speed, footwork, power, stamina, and feakish attributes. Judah defense always sucked, and also Judah "SOUTHPAW" is a better technical boxer with good balance and reflexes than Khan. That is what let Judah make the fight close with Matty , give Garcia problems and make Mayweather adjust . Kahn beat Judah becuase of Judah's bad defense, plus Khan had the reach over Judah. Which he doesn't when it comes to fighting May, NO Kahn is not a southpaw he's an orthodox fighter. Khan has nothing but speed, and his speed isn't even the best @ 140-147. He doesn't know how to use his speed to set up his offense. His footwork sucks as well as his balance. Khan was getting physically bullied by Peterson, Diaz, Maidana, & Garcia. To think May wouldn't bully Khan is crazy when almost all fighters May has fought has said he is physically stronger than he looks. You know something why bother explaining when the evidence is on video in all of Khan's fights.
    I don't even know what people are watching, Roy Jones actually had very good technique, his foot was always in place when shooting punches, Khan on the other hand is an arm puncher who lunges in and gets off balance. This is why Khan's hand speed is overrated, it isn't effective. Mayweather still has the superior hand speed in my opinion, even at this age.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 10-16-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Your chin will loose to Mayweather.

Comment

A guy who was knocked out by Garcia and Prescott and struggled against Peterson and ancient Diaz DOES NOT BELONG IN THE SAME CONVERSATION AS FLOYD, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Actually this is a case where the axiom "styles make fights" is perhaps....relevant. Mayweather would not necessarily be able to KO Kahn. Mayweather also would not pressure Kahn so much, nor physically overwhelm him.

Kahn could potshot Floyd with reach and speed. When great physical ability meets skill a lot can happen: For example when Jones fought Toney Jones used his raw attributes to overwhelm Toney's boxing skill.

Kahn's speed is indeed substantial. It even gave Judah problems and Judah is also very fast.....Speaking of Zab he managed to give Mayweather some problems due to his freakish speed.

I think If Kahn boxes, uses a jab and moves a lot....never setting his feet Floyd would at least initially, have problems with countering his speed.

I have noticed that the shoulder roll used by fighters like toney and floyd is a great system but has a weakness countering a fast jab. This is because when the shoulder is turned the most natural counter is to throw the cross with the back hand. This movement is too slow to catch a really fast, or straight jab, especially against a southpaw....with a southpaw you actually have to counter over the jab arm. Isn't Kahn a southpaw?

I think the fight would be interesting at the least.
          It's what you do with that speed is what matters. You telling me you really can't see Floyd walking this chump down? Even in the Judah fight Floyd stayed so close to Zab and he couldn't handle the pressure. Even when Zab landed a punch it didn't discourage Floyd from walking him down.

And I don't have a problem with Khan saying what he can do to Floyd in interviews. Because he's a fighter and he needs to have that self belief. But what I can't stand is when his fans get on here and try and sell me on his bull****. You can name a bunch of fighters out there that can bring something to the ring and compete against Floyd. But competing ain't winning.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
            Your chin will loose to Mayweather.
            Probably by UD

Comment

Team Mayweather wants this fight very bad.

Comment

Khan's speed could not beat Prescott or Peterson or Garcia so how will it help him to beat Mayweather who is much faster and better than those fighters. Khan will get KOed by Floyd in a few rounds this May.Floyd might KO him in one round. Then Khan can use his speed to get him to the bank faster to cash his giant check.

Comment

Khan can say whatever he wants. It's on Floyd if this bs fight gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItImpartial View Post
                    SMH this guy is a moron...

He would get destroyed on the streets of philly or Ohio

Look at his little small head and feminine face....

Dude can't take a punch...Danny made his soft ass dance like a pony....
                    **** man, I'd heard of the mean Philly streets, but Ohio? I'm sure there's some nasty places in the state, but y'know... it's hardly a name that evokes terror, is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X