Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The washington redskins trade three 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to get RG3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    Then they get even the better selection in Andrew Luck
    Originally posted by street bully View Post
    rG3 in my opinion has more potential, but Luck is more nfl ready and is clearly better for now.
    One of them has to be a flop.

Comment

What a joke.

Redskins will never win anything with Snyder as their Owner, dude is biggest moron in Sports next to the clippers owner.

and this trade sucks, Redskins have no Wide Receivers, and are swiss cheese at almost every position. So instead of getting 4-6 starters in the first/second round that could be on your team for the next decade you give up the next 3-4 years of Draft Picks for a guy who's not even the top QB in his class? For a guy who never played a snap in the NFL? A guy who was never a winner in College?

Atleast Cam Newton went undefeated in the SEC and won it all, Griffin was having Basketball games out there.

I dont think Griffin is even the 2nd best QB in the Draft.

Horrible Pick, Funniest part is reading the redskins forums, bunch of homers who think that RG3 is better than Luck and is a "Franchise" QB. Well Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf would like to say hello.

You dont trade 3 #1 picks and a #2 JUST TO MOVE UP 5 PLACES TO #2.

I understand if they were doing this for the #1 pick for a guy people claim to be the next "jordan" but they are sacrificing themselves just to take a HUGE GAMBLE on a undersized QB who has never won anything and hasnt taken a snap.

Why not take Blackmon + others and stack your team? Why not trade the #6 or w/e pick they had and get a bunch of 2nd rounders?

I have a feeling that the Rams will be getting top 10 first round picks for the next 3 years out of this deal as the Redskins will be bottom feeder, because what good is a half decent QB (if he turns out to be decent) with a team full of holes?

The Rams made out like BANDITS.

They not only got the 6th pick in the first round, but they will most likely pick up Blackmon and have all their other picks this year, plus could have 2 Top 10 picks next year if they tank on purpose.

Epic Fail by Snyder Again

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        What a joke.

Redskins will never win anything with Snyder as their Owner, dude is biggest moron in Sports next to the clippers owner.

and this trade sucks, Redskins have no Wide Receivers, and are swiss cheese at almost every position. So instead of getting 4-6 starters in the first/second round that could be on your team for the next decade you give up the next 3-4 years of Draft Picks for a guy who's not even the top QB in his class? For a guy who never played a snap in the NFL? A guy who was never a winner in College?

Atleast Cam Newton went undefeated in the SEC and won it all, Griffin was having Basketball games out there.

I dont think Griffin is even the 2nd best QB in the Draft.

Horrible Pick, Funniest part is reading the redskins forums, bunch of homers who think that RG3 is better than Luck and is a "Franchise" QB. Well Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf would like to say hello.

You dont trade 3 #1 picks and a #2 JUST TO MOVE UP 5 PLACES TO #2.

I understand if they were doing this for the #1 pick for a guy people claim to be the next "jordan" but they are sacrificing themselves just to take a HUGE GAMBLE on a undersized QB who has never won anything and hasnt taken a snap.

Why not take Blackmon + others and stack your team? Why not trade the #6 or w/e pick they had and get a bunch of 2nd rounders?

I have a feeling that the Rams will be getting top 10 first round picks for the next 3 years out of this deal as the Redskins will be bottom feeder, because what good is a half decent QB (if he turns out to be decent) with a team full of holes?

The Rams made out like BANDITS.

They not only got the 6th pick in the first round, but they will most likely pick up Blackmon and have all their other picks this year, plus could have 2 Top 10 picks next year if they tank on purpose.

Epic Fail by Snyder Again
        lol at comparing Rg to Leaf and Russell. The kid has a very good head on his shoulders to go along with all the physical tools to be elite.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          lol at comparing Rg to Leaf and Russell. The kid has a very good head on his shoulders to go along with all the physical tools to be elite.
          I agree that rg3 has the drive and dedication those guys lacked, but remember ryan leaf was considered as strong as a linebacker and a can not miss quarterback, the colts wanted to take him first overall over manning until manning threatened to torch the colts for the next 15 years if the pass on him.

Comment

I agree that rg3 has the drive and dedication those guys lacked, but remember ryan leaf was considered as strong as a linebacker and a can not miss quarterback, the colts wanted to take him first overall over manning until manning threatened to torch the colts for the next 15 years if the pass on him.
            Yeah Leaf did have the physical tools to be elite but to compare rg3 and him is just not fair to rg3. rg3 is much smarter and mature and is ten times the athlete Leaf was.

Comment

Skins fan here and I dont think we gave up too much. 1st off I wanted RG3 more than anyone. When I 1st heard about the trade I was bittersweet because we got the guy I wanted but we gave up more than anyone expected. Then very quickly though, I felt that its not all that much. Everyone keeps saying 3 first round picks but its really just 2 because the other one is a swap. Lets say that he ends up being an elite top notch QB.

Some might say that you cant say that which is true but if youre trading all of that and picking him with the 2nd pick then its because you think he will be that. So if its Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc...... would you trade 2 first round picks for them right off the top of your head? Hell Yeah. Then you say would you add a 2nd round pick to get them? Hell yeah, espically if you have a ton of cap space. Its a gamble but its one worth taking.

He's a big time prospect, who is probably the most perfect fit in the whole NFL to run Shanny's system because of that run game and the bootleg out the back with his speed. Then you add to that the Skins havent been relevant and havent had any kind of QB for a million years. Now you get a guy who you think is going to be your guy for the next 10-15 years.

If RG3 is the QB for the next 12-15 years then does 2 years worth of first rounders really matter that much in the long term? Hell No. If you think he's the real deal then you go get him. Im more than down

Comment

People are gonna be shocked when Griffin fails. You can be a freak of nature all you want and tear up the combine but that certainly doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Going to the skins will be a mistake and he will instantly fail in that division. People act like Griffin is the next Cam Newton. Not only isn't he Newton but Newton believe it or not is in the right conference that suits his skills. The Redskins will ruin Griffin, even if he has NFL talent and the trade was dumb as fuk either way.

Comment

rG3 in my opinion has more potential, but Luck is more nfl ready and is clearly better for now.
                  Just because you can run doesn't mean you have more potential. Show me a great running qb and I'll show you 10 qbs with a rocket arm that actually won titles. RG3 is overrated as fuk. All I hear is potential this, potential that. Potential equals jack ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    People are gonna be shocked when Griffin fails. You can be a freak of nature all you want and tear up the combine but that certainly doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Going to the skins will be a mistake and he will instantly fail in that division. People act like Griffin is the next Cam Newton. Not only isn't he Newton but Newton believe it or not is in the right conference that suits his skills. The Redskins will ruin Griffin, even if he has NFL talent and the trade was dumb as fuk either way.
                    I totally disagree. Shanny has a great running game every year and with RG3 they will probably lead the league in rushing by far every year. Shanny's stretch system with the threat of RG3 sneaking out the back door will be very hard to stop. Thats going to keep them in games by himself and he's considered a better passer than Cam is

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Just because you can run doesn't mean you have more potential. Show me a great running qb and I'll show you 10 qbs with a rocket arm that actually won titles. RG3 is overrated as fuk. All I hear is potential this, potential that. Potential equals jack ****.
                      He can make all the throws and is very intelligent. Hes not just an athletic freak like u seem to think for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X