82 shot, 14 fatally, in Chiraq over weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    I'm going to put this in all caps so you can truly digest it:

I AM NOT A CRIMINAL. I HAVE NEVER HARMED ANYONE WITH ANY OF MY 23, YES, 23 GUNS. TAKING MY GUNS AWAY WILL NOT PROTECT ANYBODY. AND YES, THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS WORTH DYING FOR.
    23 guns. That almost makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      a railroad car? you're comparing disarming america to the halocaust?

you are completely insane.
      Because our government couldn't possibly have any nefarious intentions in disarming the populace, right? After all, they're concerned first and foremost with our well-being. Barack Obama stays awake at night trying to think of ways to help you, right? John Boehner cares about your safety, right?

Get a grip.

Comment

And Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country. Lot of good they're doing.
        Bull**** right-wing talking point alert.

You're only right on paper, and only for the next 6 months, and only if you're purposefully omitting Chicago's violent suburbs to make your point, which you are. In actuality, a federal judge has recently ruled Chicago's ban on gun sales unconstitutional and the city council are currently drafting a new city ordinance regarding the regulation of gun sales within city limits.

However, the truth of the matter is that Chicago's strict ban on gun sales never extended into Chicago's suburbs, y'know, the chief base of operations for the vast majority of Chicago's gangs. As a result of this, the vast majority of shooting deaths in Chicago were carried out with firearms that were obtained legally.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...l#.U7rSPLH8jkk

Comment

As long as SBleeder is a, "cool," person under the law they shouldn't take his guns.. but why are these gangs able to find and afford guns so easily is what N.E. is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            As long as SBleeder is a, "cool," person under the law they shouldn't take his guns.. but why are these gangs able to find and afford guns so easily is what N.E. is saying.
            Because they're CRIMINALS. They find and afford guns so easily the same way marijuana users find and afford marijuana so easily. Prohibition- of anything- is a proven failure.
            Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Nazi SS guards had families too.
              Godwin's law in full effect.

Comment

i'm not denying that gangs are an aspect of the problem. poverty is the reason there are gangs. "deal with that," . you're such a f#cking tool.
                So saying 'deal with that' (deal with the gang problem) makes me a "****ing tool"? Okaaaay. lol

82 people were shot and 14 people were killed in one weekend, in one city.

gun laws aren't the problem, doe.
                They're not. This was gang-related. We know virtually all of these shootings happen in the inner-cities where Democrats rule. Chicago has extremely strict gun laws, and still this happens.

There are well over 300 million guns in the USA now and they aren't going anywhere. Tightening gun laws or outright burning the 2nd amendment is not going to solve anything. It will almost certainly raise the crime rate in fact, because the criminals will be the only ones with the guns then.

Comment

I was there this weekend staying downtown. Ambulances were going nuts.

Comment

Because they're CRIMINALS. They find and afford guns so easily the same way marijuana users find and afford marijuana so easily. Prohibition- of anything- is a proven failure.
                    Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...came-from.html

Comment

in b4 a punch of clueless gun nuts start screaming about me taking away "his guns."

your guns arent't eh problem. it's laws that allow other peopel to get guns so easily that are the problem. the only way to reduce the amount of gun violence in the country laterally is to place additional sanctions on everybody.

and yes, that means i'm taking "your guns."
                      Guns don't turn people into murderers. A murderer is a murderer with or without a gun.

Those individuals who make narcotics and intimidation their profession, will always have guns anyway because it's kill or be killed in that world.

If they can smuggle Heroine and Coke, you can be damn sure they can smuggle some guns. There are billions in this country.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-07-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X