Comments Thread For: It’s beginning to look a lot like (B-Hop) Christmas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: It’s beginning to look a lot like (B-Hop) Christmas

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Dear Santa:

So, we’re about two months from the big day. I hope all is going well on the frozen tundra up north. Down south, I can speak for at least one 5-year-old who’s anxious for your arrival.

As for me, I’m not asking for all that much this year. Health, happiness, prosperity… you know, the usual schpiel. But if you can work a couple extra things into the sack this time around, I added a few more items to the wish list after the weekend in Atlantic City.

Actually, they’re all sort of wrapped around one present that all of us boxing fans got a little more excited about after either visiting the Boardwalk or plopping down in front of our televisions on Saturday night. His name is Bernard Hopkins. And the manner in which he disposed of his latest foe in the ring has many of us looking forward to the next time he performs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe if overall he just had something of WORTH to say instead of sum sophisticated way putting people down. This dudes a class up from a blogger that's for sure.

Comment

It was obvious the Alvarado article was sarcasm. I don't like the cries of "quitter" and "exposed" we see from some boxing fans either but I guess a lot of these people are quite young.

Anyhow, on the potential B-Hop opponents, you've named 3 HBO opponents with Froch and Bute also affiliated.

New GBP signing and WBA champ Shumenov is the natural opponent for Hopkins imo. He should unify those two titles, let Stevenson and Kovalev fight one another and then the winners meet.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 10-29-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        It was obvious the Alvarado article was sarcasm. I don't like the cries of "quitter" and "exposed" we see from some boxing fans either but I guess a lot of these people are quite young.

Anyhow, on the potential B-Hop opponents, you've named 3 HBO opponents with Froch and Bute also affiliated.

New GBP signing and WBA champ Shumenov is the natural opponent for Hopkins imo. He should unify those two titles, let Stevenson and Kovalev fight one another and then the winners meet.
        ... This one is also a sarcastic mixture...

... But what if B-Hop gives Cleverly "a shot" in the UK?

(I don't think B-Hop would fight Kovalev or Stevenson... Bute is not a big draw to date... And Froch is too smart to take such a fight right now... I'D RATHER GUESS THAT HOPKINS WOULD CALL GOLOVKIN -- in order to "protect" Andre Ward...)

Comment

Don't even stress the trolls. They are out with the suits on in packs on this site!

All interesting fights. B-Hop beats Bute, Froch and probably beats Kovalev too. But most likeley loses to GGG and Adonis. B-Hop can get away with beating plodders and non uber athletic fighters like Tavoris Cloud and he can break down a suspect chinned Jean Pascal, but Stevenson and GGG are both athletic fighters with power in their hands that can also box very effectively. Dawson in a boring and frustrating to watch fight, beat Hopkins, I dont see Stevenson and GGG not beating him even though he's in phenomenal shape for his age.

Comment

Poor Lyle.. nah, not really. He is indeed a step up from a blogger. Somehow he managed to get his shit on BS. Somehow.

Comment

Working...
            X