Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Explains Alexander Povetkin Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad going hard on Sauerland and they surely don't look good by staying away from pressconferences without notification.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      Hopefully the fight gets made this year. Ridiculous if it doesn't happen, in every way.
      Yeah let's hope so. Still I cannot understand why the fight is not next. Why did WBA give Wlad an exemption and why did Wlad take it? Why didn't he just take the fight to purseoffers?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Yeah let's hope so. Still I cannot understand why the fight is not next. Why did WBA give Wlad an exemption and why did Wlad take it? Why didn't he just take the fight to purseoffers?
        I think Wlad wants to fight three times a year. So when Povetkin negotiations are still dragging on, he requested a voluntary. There's the RTL/ARD television deal conflict in Germany and probably other obstacles in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          Didn't Pov want random testing, and Wlad declined?
          Wlad accepted WADA testing so no.

Comment

Fact is, Team Povetkin pulled out twice during the past few years. What's wrong with Wlad taking a voluntary defense until negotiations with Povetkin falls in place?
            Primarily the choice of opponent.

Froch is avoiding his mandatory Stevenson to fight Kessler. Wlad is avoiding his mandatory to fight...Pianeta and his comments suggest he doesn't think a Povetkin fight will be made anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Klitschko is 100% correct about these scumbags.

They think they can win the purse bid now, that's the only reason they are interested.

Once they lose the purse bid again they will **** off and cancel the fight over a madeup back or eye injury.
              100%?

Well here Povetkin's promotor said he told the IBF about Povetkin not coming to the pressconference:

We didn't want to Sasha to go to this press conference. He went for four weeks to America, and he has two weeks left to complete his training there. Right now the United States is hot like Russia, and Alexander's room is very strongly air conditioned. As a result of the temperature difference, Sasha emerged with inflammation of his nasal sinuses. The doctor had not recommended for him to go on such a long journey, and we notified the IBF and provided full medical records," Hryunov said.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Primarily the choice of opponent.

Froch is avoiding his mandatory Stevenson to fight Kessler. Wlad is avoiding his mandatory to fight...Pianeta and his comments suggest he doesn't think a Povetkin fight will be made anyway.
                His comments suggest that he really wants the fight to be made, but that Team Povetkin is making obstacles.

Pianeta is undefeated and not the worst choice. I prefer Pianeta over Oquendo or a fat, uninspired Solis. It's just a stay busy fight. Wlad fights everyone and cleans out the HW division.
                Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

His comments suggest that he really wants the fight to be made, but that Team Povetkin is making obstacles.

Pianeta is undefeated and not the worst choice. I prefer Pianeta over Oquendo or a fat, uninspired Solis. It's just a stay busy fight. Wlad fights everyone and cleans out the HW division.
                  What were Wach, Thompson and Mormeck?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    What were Wach, Thompson and Mormeck?
                    No no man, Thompson was mandatory.
                    Wach gave a good fight, and he was a draw due to his huge physical size.
                    Mormeck sucked, I agree.

Comment

If Vladmir takes Povetkin out there will be literally nobody worthy of tying the guys boots in the HW division... until maybe Price, Fury & Wilder are ready which to me appears at least 2 years away... In the next 2 years till them guys are ready Vlad should take it to the next level in order to secure his legacy.... he could fight 2 guys for 6 rounds each, say Solis and Oquendo for example, if either gets the better of him the one who knocks him out or has better points ratio over his 6 rounds is made champion immediately and is tied into a first defence against the other guy.... obviously there would be certain details that need ironing out but as a principle wot do you think? He's just too good for anyone else right now!!

Comment

Working...
                      X