No announcement yet.

Better Resume? Donaire or Mares???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Narvaez, you mean the 5 foot dude Donaire had trouble connecting cleanly with?

Morel is as mediocre as Arce, Vazquez, Mthlane, and Sydorenko.

Also, out of those 3 fighters I listed for Donaire, 3 of them retired right after, which shows where they were in their careers when he fought them.
    and the other is a current world champion at the weight Donaire fought him at.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd
      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

So you can't draw your own conclusions? You let others influence you and the way you think?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

how about you? have you say something with merit? lol! all you do is just react and question our opinion and not even giving why you choose him or why not...
      Maybe you should try reading my post then. I posted my own opinion without the influence of any P4P list...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        vic darchinyan - undefeated, IBF & IBO flyweight world champion, 6 successful defenses of the titles all by stoppage, top ten p4p, donaire only had 17 pro fights and was rightfully considered a big underdog

fernando montiel - the unified WBO & WBC bantamweight world champion, ranked #1 at bantamweight, ranked top ten p4p
        These two, I agree with. Great wins. As for the rest, more important than whom is when. If you can't wrap your head around that, I can't help you.

Comment

its not even close, its donaire by a country mile.

Comment

this should'nt even be debatable...donaire has the better resume by a good margin...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Overall.....Donaire

The past few years, Mares.
              Then why was Donaire the FOTY this year? Mares was not even in the ballot! This is not even close! Mares hasn't even beaten the best in his division. Donaire fought and beat the best from 112-122. Mares will beaten by somebody else! And that Somebody will be KOed by Donaire!

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                These two, I agree with. Great wins. As for the rest, more important than whom is when. If you can't wrap your head around that, I can't help you.
                so fighting omar narvaez when he was undefeated, #1 at 115 (and is still #1) and wbo champ, and is a two weight world champion isn't even worth mentioning as a notable win for donaire? it wasn't donaire's fault that moreno wanted more money than he is worth and backed out, it isn't donaire's fault that mares was stuck having to fight a rematch with agbeko considering how controversial the first fight was...narvaez was the best option left considering all of this..

mathebula was the current IBF world champion at super bantamweight when donaire beat him and no one has looked good against him...plus donaire's goal is to clean out the division and unify the belts.

toshiaki nishioka was older than donaire by a few years and was on his way out, but he was still regarded highly in the division and was ranked #1...he was also the real WBC champ (was only stripped of the title)...
                Last edited by Bermuda; 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                  based on what?
                  Ever since he tied to Perez. He has taken top quality opponents one after another. Darchinyan, Agebko, Moreno, and Morel.

In reality they are fairly even. But the fact that Nonito took it easy up until 2011, and national pride I lean in favor of Abner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
                    Ever since he tied to Perez. He has taken top quality opponents one after another. Darchinyan, Agebko, Moreno, and Morel.

In reality they are fairly even. But the fact that Nonito took it easy up until 2011, and national pride I lean in favor of Abner.
                    how is morel considered top quality? and darchinyan at 118 = top quality?

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      Donaire... Not a huge fan of his ducking of Rigondeaux, He has obviously accomplished more. He has unified the 3 titles but not the fourth because the man who held it only had 10 fights.
                      Um, it's almost certain he's fighting Rigondeaux next. How is he ducking?

Comment

Working...
                      X