Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC peaks at 8.8 million, most watched mma fight ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Whose the guy in your avatar? Looks familiar.
    James Kirkland. Dude that just knocked alfredo Angulo silly.

Comment

8.8 doesn't included the dvr recorded views and Fox deportes. So when those numbers come in, it is expected to be well over 9.5 million.

Comment

TR hatin. It's all good though...

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          60+million watched Cain-DosSantos in Brazil alone.

btw, the 8.8 mill is from the US alone.
          People paid to watch Pac VS JMM.

And don't even get me started on how many Filipino's watched the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            James Kirkland. Dude that just knocked alfredo Angulo silly.
            Cool thanks. I just got a copy of that fight. Sounds like a good one. Maybe next time Dana White will show a full main card and not just one fight on Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              60+million watched Cain-DosSantos in Brazil alone.

btw, the 8.8 mill is from the US alone.
              Not even close.

That wasnt anywhere near the most watched MMA fight in America and especially not in Japan.

Unlike the 8.8 million (peak), these figures below are the average viewerships.

The 60 million viewership boast by Dana White in brazil is very far fetched, thats practically 31% of the population in Brazil. The only sport that could ever approach those numbers is football.

MOST WATCHED MMA FIGHTS IN JAPAN
              1. BOBBY OLOGUN VS. CYRIL ABIDI 28.1 RATING (K-1 2004) - 36 million

2. KEN KANEKO VS. CHARLES "KRAZY HORSE" BENNETT 27.7 RATING (PRIDE 2005) - 35.2 million

3. RULON GARDNER VS. HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA 25.9 RATING (K-1 2004) - 32.9 million

4. HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA VS. NAOYA OGAWA 25.5 RATING (PRIDE 2005) - 32.4 million

5. KAZUSHI SAKURABA VS. YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA 25.0 RATING (K-1 2006) - 31.75 million

6. KID YAMAMOTO VS. ISTAVAN MAJOROS 25.0 RATING (K-1 2006) - 31.75 million
              MOST WATCHED MMA FIGHTS IN AMERICA
              1. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson— 7.281 million viewers (Aired from 11:27 PM to 11:40 PM)

2. UFC on ****e TV (10/10/2006 ) Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock— 6.524 million viewers (Aired from 9:42 PM to 9:45 PM)

3. EliteXC on CBS (10/4/08 ) Seth Petruzelli vs. Kimbo Slice— 6.451 million viewers (Aired from 11:08 PM to 11:08 PM)

4. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith— 5.867 million viewers (Aired from 10.39 PM to 10:57 PM)

5. UFC on ****e TV (9/8/2007 ) Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson— 5.811 million viewers (Aired from 11:29 PM to 12:03 AM)

6. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young— 5.508 million viewers (Aired from 10:09 PM to 10:17 PM)

Comment

MMA and Boxing are two separate sports. . . One can have major success, and the other can still have just as much potential to have major success (in regards to PPV buys, and views) - they are not mutually exclusive.. . . I personally am not a huge fan of MMA - I'll watch it from time to time, but I just can't get into it like my beloved boxing!

Comment

Its also interesting to note that Rede Globo only has 44.3% viewership in Brazil. The 60 million figures that Dana is sprouting about is 31% of Brazil's total population which is practically impossible to achieve.

Like I said, only football (soccer) could achieve these numbers in Brazil.

Comment

The three sp.ikes represent the three Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao's TV ratings in the Philippines.

In Mexico the fight also became the most watched boxing event in television history.

Comment

why are some ******s making this **** into a boxing vs mma discussion?

both sports are doing well, and more obvious, both sports have a fair share of ******s among it's fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X