No announcement yet.

Ortiz looked sharp last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz looked sharp last night

In the first 3 rounds that is. Ortiz looked really impressive, sharp, accurate, smooth, and good footwork, (honestly) he boxed beautifully. But let me finish, he completely threw away everything that worked for him in the later rounds, the pressure got to him, and he crumbled under it yet again. Ortiz didn't relish the chance to put his opponent to bed in the early stages, in fact Peterson looked like he had enough at one period, as he couldn't deal with the speed and skill of Ortiz.

Ortiz has everything in physical attributes, everything is there for him to be a force but they're is just one problem: His will and desire to take him to the top. This kid really lacks the attributes of a champion..

Ortiz has world class skills, i'm not afraid to say it. Those first 3 rounds were perfection, the sudden change in mentality affected him big time. I just hope Ortiz can sort the underlying problem, as he's soon turning into a Judah alike fighter.

Thoughts on the kid?

Comment

he needs better boxing people around him he wasn't well prepared for that fight and he couldn't adjust to Peterson who didnt come to fight

why did he leave Robert Garcia again?

Comment

he 4 sure has the talent to be great, but i am unsure about him mentally. he seems to have lapses throughout fights. he needs a new trainer imo.

Comment

Ortiz is not commited to this sport there were times on facebook where ppl posted on his wall about how drunk he was just a month before the Peterson bout...he's got the best conditioning, stength, and speed at 140-147 besides PAC and he has an ok chin...what he needs is to move to 147 and find him a trainer that will motivate his desire...and teach him how to jab!

Comment

he needs a new corner. his corner is garbage imo. he should just kept on the momentum from round 3 but his corner told him to lay back. stupid corner really horrible. ortiz better get a new corner for his fight. ortiz better call steward.

Comment

alot of raw talent but he needs to dicipline his mind and focus. if he cant make adjustments himself he needs a good corner to tell him the adjustments he should make and listen.

Comment

Maidana ruined Ortiz,every time he gets hit cleanly he pause's he is not vicious anymore he is more suspicious then anything..I thought the draw was the right score and it was the same score I had..Ortiz(I've been said it)is overrated I really don't see him beating a top 5 Jr WW..

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  Ortiz is not commited to this sport there were times on facebook where ppl posted on his wall about how drunk he was just a month before the Peterson bout...he's got the best conditioning, stength, and speed at 140-147 besides PAC and he has an ok chin...what he needs is to move to 147 and find him a trainer that will motivate his desire...and teach him how to jab!
                  I know you got mad love for Ortiz but I told you before he is overrated,IMO Maidana ruined him..Everytime he is hit cleanly the ghost of Maidana 's past come to hunt him..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                    I know you got mad love for Ortiz but I told you before he is overrated,IMO Maidana ruined him..Everytime he is hit cleanly the ghost of Maidana 's past come to hunt him..
                    I've met Ortiz twice and I know his brother and sister pretty well, but the ppl that surround Ortiz don't make him stay focused on his job...I still believe Ortiz can be GREAT he has Pacquiao like qualities...I think he's the hardest puncher at 140 and has good speed, but what I don't like is how he didn't throw many punches he over did it with the body movement and could have used that energy to keep throwing combos but he didn't...he's not motivated and he doesn't realize that most the guys at 140 do NOT have Maidana's power so he can still be a preditor...140 is no longer his weight class he has no business in that division anymore...I think Nacho barestein can turn Ortiz into a top notch fighter he is a combo type of guy and Garcia can't teach him anything new...

Comment

Working...
                    X