Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara vs Floyd Needs to Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Molina beat Lara on short notice and after a long lay-off.
    He ain't outboxing Mayweather.
    Moving on...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Mayweather Jr. Vs. Lara would be brutal even for those who spend all day professing to love the sweet science
      But let me ask you this... Who else has a chance to beat Floyd... Why pay for a Khan fight or a Thurman fight, knowing neither one has a good chance of beating Floyd... OK, I get it, Floyd/Lara is a "boring" fight but don't you want to see Floyd fight a guy that actually has a good chance of beating him? Do you think Floyd is EVER going to get knocked out... give me a break... It's all about POINTS... and Lara brings the boxing IQ to match even the great Floyd Mayweather... It's a no brainer really... Maybe it's not the most "exciting" opponent for Floyd... But he doesn't need any more money... But if he takes the Lara fight he gains RESPECT (more respect than if he fought Khan or Thurman)

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        But let me ask you this... Who else has a chance to beat Floyd... Why pay for a Khan fight or a Thurman fight, knowing neither one has a good chance of beating Floyd... OK, I get it, Floyd/Lara is a "boring" fight but don't you want to see Floyd fight a guy that actually has a good chance of beating him? Do you think Floyd is EVER going to get knocked out... give me a break... It's all about POINTS... and Lara brings the boxing IQ to match even the great Floyd Mayweather... It's a no brainer really... Maybe it's not the most "exciting" opponent for Floyd... But he doesn't need any more money... But if he takes the Lara fight he gains RESPECT (more respect than if he fought Khan or Thurman)
        He's that good. Nobody from 140-154 has a chance.

You want a competitive fight? Get prime Hearns, Leonard, Duran or Whitaker in the ring. ,

Comment

It's an interesting fight based on Lara's speed,hight,reach,and hand/footspeed. Throw in Lara's accurate Cuban style,plus the fact that he's a southpaw,and that Floyd would be the smaller and older man,and you've got a pretty close fight. But to be honest,I'd need to snort a line of coke in between rounds,just to stay awake.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            He's that good. Nobody from 140-154 has a chance.

You want a competitive fight? Get prime Hearns, Leonard, Duran or Whitaker in the ring. ,
            You might be right... But that's not the point... IF everyone is destined to lose to Floyd, then wouldn't you rather see someone who has the best chance relatively, wouldn't you want to see someone get close to getting the decision... Even if Floyd and Lara don't land that much on each other and it's a close decision for Floyd, isn't that STILL better than watching Floyd tee-off on Khan and Thurman... Maybe it's not "dynamite", Maybe it's not Hagler-Hearns...but it's literally the best we got right now... besides GGG...

Of course, they're all Haymon soldiers (besides GGG) so it's all pretty much decided anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
              Yeah that boring match-up will sell. I fell asleep during the Floyd Manny marathon, this fight would be no different. Lara with his non crowd pleasing style will be back on spike tv or bet, but I don't think too many people will pay to see him fight, I don't want Mayweather/ Khan either but Khan at least will make it exciting (win or lose). I hope GGG fights Lara and KO's him, so we never have to watch him fight, even if it is free (they could put on better shows without him).
              This. Do you guys know how BORING Mayweather and Lara would be. Why is this ish even being brought up? Lara should not be on television at all. Undefeated my azz. This gap toothed, confused looking, pigeon playing with puzzy fuk boy should not be allowed in Vegas, let alone fight there. Having Canelo chase him around the ring like that. Now he's claiming to have enough energy to run from GGG for 12 rounds. I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                This. Do you guys know how BORING Mayweather and Lara would be. Why is this ish even being brought up? Lara should not be on television at all. Undefeated my azz. This gap toothed, confused looking, pigeon playing with puzzy fuk boy should not be allowed in Vegas, let alone fight there. Having Canelo chase him around the ring like that. Now he's claiming to have enough energy to run from GGG for 12 rounds. I'll pass
                Why all the hate for a great fighter? You got broner and Floyd in your avatar, who are both "boring" fighters too... Do you know what a hypocrite is... look in the mirror for refreshment.

Comment

Of course most fans don't want that and this is the main reason why Mayweather will retire undefeated. People want who they like to be throw in with Mayweather and they want someone they like to beat Mayweather instead of putting him in with someone SKILLED and is a Master Chess Player like he is.

I been wanting Mayweather vs Lara for the last 2 Years or so but of course most fight fans don't want that. They don't understand boxing enough to appreciate that type of Chess Match Up so why even waste time on it.

Comment

Lara deserves it even less than Kahn.

Comment

Lara vs GGG needs to happen for real.

Comment

Working...
                      X