No announcement yet.

Is Wlad the Greatest..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wlad the Greatest..........

Is Wladimir Klitschko the greatest MMA fighter ever to step inside a boxing ring?

I've seen many argument over how the two disciplines match up. What would do better for street fighting, who would win out of top MMA fighter and a top boxer. Most people agree that the boxer wouldn't do well in a MMA fight and that MMA fighter wouldn't do well in a boxing match.

Well after Saturday nights performance Wlad has blown that theory out of the water.

Povetkin an unbeaten heavyweight boxer could not get near Wlad to land his punches, with Wlad MMA skills.

Wlad showed a masterclass and a vast arary of MMA skill to keep his pugilist opponent off him.

Wlad show some great grappling techniques, locks, and take downs and Povetkin the boxer had no answers for it.

This fight reminded me of when Ali took on an MMA fighter back in the 70s, that time it ended in a stalemate, but this time Wlad got the win for the mixed martial artist?

Even though I'm a boxing fan I have to admit MMA is the more effect fighting technique and as long as you have an incompetent or paid of ref, in a fight with the boxer the MMA fighter will always win.

Congratulations Wlad, the greatest MMA fighter ever to step inside a boxing ring

LOL your sarcasm is almost real

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Is Wladimir Klitschko the greatest MMA fighter ever to step inside a boxing ring?

I've seen many argument over how the two disciplines match up. What would do better for street fighting, who would win out of top MMA fighter and a top boxer. Most people agree that the boxer wouldn't do well in a MMA fight and that MMA fighter wouldn't do well in a boxing match.

Well after Saturday nights performance Wlad has blown that theory out of the water.

Povetkin an unbeaten heavyweight boxer could not get near Wlad to land his punches, with Wlad MMA skills.

Wlad showed a masterclass and a vast arary of MMA skill to keep his pugilist opponent off him.

Wlad show some great grappling techniques, locks, and take downs and Povetkin the boxer had no answers for it.

This fight reminded me of when Ali took on an MMA fighter back in the 70s, that time it ended in a stalemate, but this time Wlad got the win for the mixed martial artist?

Even though I'm a boxing fan I have to admit MMA is the more effect fighting technique and as long as you have an incompetent or paid of ref, in a fight with the boxer the MMA fighter will always win.

Congratulations Wlad, the greatest MMA fighter ever to step inside a boxing ring
      You just lost all of the considerable respect I'd had for you, right there.

Comment

Rules of Boxing

The rules of boxing vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and on whether it is an amateur or professional bout. A violation of the following rules is considered a foul, and can result in a warning, point deduction, or disqualification by the referee:

You cannot hit below the belt, hold, trip, kick, headbutt, wrestle, bite, spit on, or push your opponent.

You cannot hit with your head, shoulder, forearm, or elbow.

You cannot hit with an open glove, the inside of the glove, the wrist, the backhand, or the side of the hand.

You cannot punch your opponent's back, or the back of his head or neck (rabbit punch), or on the kidneys (kidney punch).

You cannot throw a punch while holding on to the ropes to gain leverage.
        You can't hold your opponent and hit him at the same time, or duck so low that your head is below your opponent's belt line.

When the referee breaks you from a clinch, you have to take a full step back; you cannot immediately hit your opponent--that's called "hitting on the break" and is illegal.

You cannot spit out your mouthpiece on purpose to get a rest.

If you score a knockdown of your opponent, you must go to the farthest neutral corner while the referee makes the count.

If you "floor" your opponent, you cannot hit him when he's on the canvas.

A floored boxer has up to ten seconds to get back up on his feet before losing the bout by knockout.

A boxer who is knocked down cannot be saved by the bell in any round, depending upon the local jurisdiction's rules.

A boxer who is hit with an accidental low blow has up to five minutes to recover. If s/he cannot continue after five minutes, s/he is considered knocked out.

If the foul results in an injury that causes the fight to end immediately, the boxer who committed the foul is disqualified.

If the foul causes an injury but the bout continues, the referee orders the judges to deduct two points from the boxer who caused the injury.

If an unintentional foul causes the bout to be stopped immediately, the bout is ruled a "no contest" if four rounds have not been fully completed. (If the bout was scheduled for four rounds, then three rounds must have been completed.) If four rounds have been completed, the judges' scorecards are tallied and the fighter who is ahead on points is awarded a technical decision. If the scores are even, it will be called a "technical draw."

If a boxer is knocked out of the ring, he gets a count of 20 to get back in and on his feet. He cannot be assisted.

In some jurisdictions the standing eight-count or the three knockdown rule also may be in effect.

In other jurisdictions, only the referee can stop the bout.

Comment

As you can clearly see a lot of what Wlad did, was not boxing, and the skills he displayed are from other fighting disciplines.

Comment

Ali hugged and held peoples' heads even more than Wlad does. I think ALI is the greatest MMA fighter to step into the ring according to your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
              Ali hugged and held peoples' heads even more than Wlad does. I think ALI is the greatest MMA fighter to step into the ring according to your logic.
              Did he also jump on their back, hold their head down, have them in head lock, push them down time and time again?

Let's face it, Wlad is King of this. you are just a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Did he also jump on their back, hold their head down, have them in head lock, push them down time and time again?

Let's face it, Wlad is King of this. you are just a hater.
                Yes he did all of that and far more flagrantly than Wlad does. You must not have watched many of his fights. He literally holds people behind the neck with his gloves

Comment

Wladimir 'Ocoto*****' Clinchko has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                    Yes he did all of that and far more flagrantly than Wlad does. You must not have watched many of his fights. He literally holds people behind the neck with his gloves
                    Ali did, but he is no way as good or as effective as Wlad at doing it? Wlad can do it consistently for 12 rounds, sometime not even attempting to throw punches.

Wlad is an ATG at these MMA skill, no one has done it better in the history of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X