No announcement yet.

Showtime commentating crew were a disgrace tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I thought the Showtime crew were a disgrace tonight. They were extremely BIASED in favor of Agbeko and against Mares from the beginning, especially that slimey old Al Bernstein.

Most of what the Showtime commentators were calling low blows were actually on the beltline.

Agbeko was deliberately using the head and pushing Mares down, yet they didn't say much about it.

They wanted the Don King fighter to win for some reason.

Mares won the fight by a wider margin than the scorecards indicated. That 113-113 score was ridiculous, but the commentators never mentioned that it was.

Interesting how in the Super Six, Andre Ward's home referees have permitted him to foul as much as he wants to, yet Al Bernstein never seems to mind at all.
    You can't be serious??Agbeko was hit with countless low blows with out any warnings or point deduction..You are either a moron who knows **** about boxing or a racist who don't like black people..That yesterday was a disgraceful reffing job and anybody who say's other wise is a moron..Replays don't lie and on replay most of Mares so-called body punching was low...

Comment

Originally posted by bearman3000 View Post
      BS Bernstein gave credit where credit was due damn it.
      Maybe so, but this is NSB, land of the hysterical narcissist. If someone has a contrary opinion it isn't because they've just interpreted the situation differently, that wouldn't do, it's because they're BIASED.

Just like if a fight is scored differently by 1 or 2 points. You can't say it could've gone either way, you have to claim one guy was ROBBED.

Comment

Shotime did a great job at voicing the feelings of the fans. Everyone in the whole damn arena knew what was going on. Did you see the way they went crazy when that incompetent ref started counting on that low blow knockdown.
        Don't act like Mares is not at fault at all either, this is not a one off occasion, just look at the Darchinyan fight. How can anyone justify a fighter hitting over 30 low blows? Hitting lowblows just isn't comparable to accidental headbutts, we all know how one feels but over 30?

Disgusting result.

Comment

they really were biased

Comment

Bro, even Mares OWN CORNER told him to watch the low blows....... and this was like around rounds 5-6

Comment

I agree

They should have just praised Mares for nut hunting

**** telling it like it is

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Shut up, you're not cool because you're being different.
                He is cool for being white though. Agbeko is totally a black man, which makes him not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  Haven't watched the fight yet so I can't really comment. All the views have been that mares was hitting low but that could be as you say because of the commentating. People should really watch the fight with the volume muted. I'm gonna watch it later with the volume on and then muted!
                  People can lie but replay can't..Mares landed a solid and effective low blow in every single rd..

Comment

dude hit agbeko low like 10x and didnt get not 1 pt taken from him and got credit for a kd when he low blowed him in the 11th rd. ive never seen something like that. we was all just laughing like is this for real????? mora was either paid off, went in favor pf his fellow hispanic brother or just had one of the worst performances in boxing history for a ref.

Comment

They did call some lowblows that i felt were legit shots and failed to blame Agbeko for pulling Abner down but even with that u gotta say Mares went Low ALOT!!!! I still thought he won but That last KD was OBVIOUSLY a low Blow and Russell was Right there to see it, shockiung ref job i think mabey something dodgy was going on here. Mares is gonna keep throwing them (intentional or not) until he is deducted for it, Russell is to blame not Mares

Comment

Working...
                      X