Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What's my name?" Ernie terrel got what he deserved from Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the only fight where ali was down right crual,,,i have watched the fight many times ,and still cannot believe the referee didn,t stop it..Terrell couldnt even see out of his eyes and was pawing at ali...Ali could have stopped him any time after the 10th round ,but was content to humiliate him...

Even now i cant,but wonder why even his corner did,nt stop the fight..let alone the referee.

Terrell was a fine fighter who like others got caught up in politics of boxing..

Enough said

Comment

I don't think he "deserved" what he got at all

Comment

His Mom and Dad called him Cassius until the day they died

Poet

Comment

Remind me why Terrel was required to call Clay some name he made up for himself again?

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
            Remind me why Terrel was required to call Clay some name he made up for himself again?
            Because Ali told him so. He didn't listen and got the beating he apparently wanted.

Comment

it was a good old fashioned 'ass-whooping'......Ali said he was going to punish him and he came through

Comment

Terrell didn't really do anything out of ordinary. Ali demanded Terrell to call him by his new name in front of a live audience which was obviously not going to happen because it would have been a mental advantage for Ali to get Terrell to "bow down" before their fight. It didn't have anything to do with Terrell being any kind of an "Uncle Tom", it was all about Terrell not giving in to his opponent's wishes.

It would have looked bad for him had Ali been able to intimidate him like that in my opinion. Of course in the fight Ali simply proved superior.
                Last edited by TheGreatA; 03-04-2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  Terrell didn't really do anything out of ordinary. Ali demanded Terrell to call him by his new name in front of a live audience which was obviously not going to happen because it would have been a mental advantage for Ali to get Terrell to "bow down" before their fight. It didn't have anything to do with Terrell being any kind of an "Uncle Tom", it was all about Terrell not giving in to his opponent's wishes.

It would have looked bad for him had Ali been able to intimidate him like that in my opinion. Of course in the fight Ali simply proved superior.
                  i agree.. its like Manny Pacquiao agreeing to Floyd Mayweathers demands, its Psychological warfare

Comment

That said, Terrell was a bit cheeky singing a song on live TV about Clay changing his name.............and how he in turn was going to change his face.

There was nothing cheeky about what Ali did in return, and Terrell's allegations that he was thumbed and had the top rope rubbed along his eye may well have been true.

Only twice was Ali truely nasty:

1) The first Patterson fight
                    2) The Terrell fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      i agree.. its like Manny Pacquiao agreeing to Floyd Mayweathers demands, its Psychological warfare
                      except drugs, unlike names, give you more than a psychological advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X