Nutrition help? :S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition help? :S

Hello everyone.

Basically, I am going to start boxing soon and I have a few things I want to do before I start at a boxing gym. At the minute I have quite a bit of fat on me and I'm quite conscious of myself because of my size. I have really broad shoulders and quite well built (I have my dads genetics). I'm not really big but I feel uncomfortable with the way I am. I know when I start boxing I will loose weight and get healthier but like I said, I'm really conscious of my weight so I want to loose a bit of fat before I start.

The main reason for this thread is to see if anyone will be willing to help me put together a good diet plan. I don't really want to be paying personal trainers or people like that to do it for me so if any of you could help me do so then I would really appreciate it. (sorry if I bored you) haha. Thanks again.

-Rob

Originally posted by RobWhink View Post
    Hello everyone.

Basically, I am going to start boxing soon and I have a few things I want to do before I start at a boxing gym. At the minute I have quite a bit of fat on me and I'm quite conscious of myself because of my size. I have really broad shoulders and quite well built (I have my dads genetics). I'm not really big but I feel uncomfortable with the way I am. I know when I start boxing I will loose weight and get healthier but like I said, I'm really conscious of my weight so I want to loose a bit of fat before I start.

The main reason for this thread is to see if anyone will be willing to help me put together a good diet plan. I don't really want to be paying personal trainers or people like that to do it for me so if any of you could help me do so then I would really appreciate it. (sorry if I bored you) haha. Thanks again.

-Rob
    Begin now instead of waiting to lose some weight.

Comment

Eggs make champions my friend...just eat eggs all day, every day.

Comment

high protien low fat. skinless chicken breast and fish are your meats of choice, then eat a lot of raw veggies. Whole wheat for breads.

Just join the boxing gym, who cares if you're a fatty, that weight will drop off a lot quicker. eat clean and box, you'll drop that fat very quickly, and you'll be improving your boxing at the same time.

Dropping fat before joining a gym is like shaving your head before getting a hair cut.

Comment

alright thanks mate

Comment

Eat healthy, don't deprive yourself of any nutrients.

Eat less workout more if you want to lose weight
            Eat more and continue your workout if you want to gain weight.

I don't even bother with nutrient ratios now as long as I get everything on my plate.

Comment

Copy down you calories and proteins, fats, and carbs for a couple of days of you eating normally.

Take that number (cals) and subtract it by 500 or more depending on where its at, that will be your goal cal intake.

Then get your macros in order, I like a 40/40/20 split for Proteins, carbs, and fats.

If you have an iPhone or smartphone get the myfitnesspal app it will help you keep track of your food intake.

Comment

we should eat fresh and healthy food and vegetables,
                which makes us healthy and also doing exercise...

Comment

Plenty of veg of different types, drink at least 2 litres of water daily (more on workout days), fruit but don't overdo due to the sugar, ditch your fatty foods. Once you get down to a level you are happy with you could have a treat once a week (pizza, burger or whatever) but tbh with you, once you see the difference good nutrition can bring you then you wont want these foods again. I found lots of info in the links on the main home page. On the left hand side.

Comment

there's heaps of articles online. One thing i will say is to eat like a boxer and not a bodybuilder

Comment

Working...
                    X