Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Return in 2017 is Best Option, Says Adviser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone even care about Cotto at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Dude needs to call it a day.
      I've couldn't have said it better. I'm a Cotto fan but the ship has sailed already.

Better to walk away with your health and wealth in tact than to walk away broke and physically broken down. Time to cash in your chips.

Real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Does anyone even care about Cotto at this point?
        yes. he's got 2 more good one's left in him. any of the 154 champions except for alvared. cotto already beat him

Comment

I have to give Cotto credit. I thought he was damaged goods when he fought Canelo, with his sub-par quality of opposition leading up to the fight, but he proved me wrong. He fought very well against Canelo and held his own against a bigger guy. That was really what cost him the fight. Canelo was just bigger. That was the difference. Not because Cotto was done.

At the same time, that was last November. He's not very active and he's not getting younger. Too big for WW and not big enough for MW, so he'll have to settle for JMW. There doesn't seem to be a lot of options at that weight, unless he can get some people from other divisions at a catch weight of 152 or something like that.

I can't see him fighting after next year. He has one more fight before he's done.

Comment

rematch canola for the liner middleweight championship of the world in late 2017

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              there are great fights @154 for cotto. he's to small for 160 and can't make 147. i hope he doesn't take canela's drain campaign and bring those guys down to 150. Lara,Andrade,and the brotha's Charlo.
              I think Cotto learned his lesson after Trout.

Comment

Best option because they will take another year to find some kind of washed up undersized guy who gives Cotto a good payday.

Cotto could fight literally a dozen of meaningful top fighters around his weight but he knows he cant beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Byran Perez, adviser to former four division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33KOs), says the 35-years-old is a lock to return in 2017 - confirming the recent comments from Roc Nation President Michael Yormark, who said the Puerto Rican star would not return at the end of this year as planned.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Best option for Cotto is to retire. He wouldn't beat anybody in the top 7 or 8 at 154, and he is too lazy to try and make 147 again, so **** it. Call it a career. He was really looking like a diva b!tch trying to make little Marquez fight him at 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

Cotto could fight literally a dozen of meaningful top fighters around his weight but he knows he cant beat them.
                    My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Still he was robbed on the canelos fight, lol! And went the full 12 rounds with him, something other fighters have not been able to do, also the comment on fighting smaller guys, it seems you have not watched his fights, usually cotto has fought bigger guys and most of the best fighters there are, hes of the elite of fighters there are and a future HOF, so the hating, allmost racist comments, please keep them to yourselves, there is no one with his resume currently active, xcept for pacman. War Cotto!

Comment

Working...
                      X