Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people want Broner to clean out 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause he ain't fighting the people that wanted to fight him and aside from those people there's nothing there...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Because in order to clean out 135 you have to win out. They only want to see him lose so gifs and funny sigs can be made. Is that not acceptable? What a silly question? LOL.

If a hater gave that answer it would bring a smile to my face :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        cause they will hate on him no matter what he does...if he moves up then they will say he ducked someone at 135,if he stays he is fighting bums....ive seen this all before
        Your putting him in a position he doesn't deserve yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          First of all having him at #5 P4P is ridiculous. I don't agree with that, he hasn't done enough yet to merit that spot.

But as I understand it Abril already has a fight scheduled with Bogere. And Vasquez turned down an offer to fight him. (Plus Ricky Burns is making unreasonable purse demands.)

Given all that taking the Rees fight is fine. He's the next highest ranked top 10 fighter available.
          I've seen man y ppl take this as fact for some reason when we haven't heard from Vazquez side.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
            Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll

First of all having him at #5 P4P is ridiculous. I don't agree with that, he hasn't done enough yet to merit that spot.

But as I understand it Abril already has a fight scheduled with Bogere. And Vasquez turned down an offer to fight him. (Plus Ricky Burns is making unreasonable purse demands.)

Given all that taking the Rees fight is fine. He's the next highest ranked top 10 fighter available.

I've seen man y ppl take this as fact for some reason when we haven't heard from Vazquez side.....
            I could've sworn I heard/read Vazquez wanted to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              I could've sworn I heard/read Vazquez wanted to fight him.

Me too..... But ppl are taking a quote from an article at the Ring from Broners side and running with it

Comment

Broner cleaning out 135 isn't fact. We're not even sure if that's what he's going to do or even if that's what he's trying to do.

What is fact is that he's highly rated and fighting a fucking bum

Comment

He did just beat DeMarco so fighting an easier opponent next should be acceptable. Look how GGG is fighting a 154 pounder yet no one gets on his ass about it.

Double standards?

Comment

He will move up to 140 eventually but let him try to wipe out the lightweights first. So few fighters these days put their stamp on a division so if he wants to try it then I say more power to him.

Gavin Rees is a perfectly acceptable fight until the other champs free themselves up or stop making unreasonable purse demands.
                    Only haters want to see Broner move up too fast because they sense the danger to their fake champs. Also they want to 180 after a few years and say Broner ducked him and him (fighters who become relevant in a ghost division without Broner). Broner is smarter than that he will stay and move up only when it's time, the same as he did before hopefully a little sooner so we don't have to see him not making weight again. I like the kid and he's really talented. I'm impressed.

Comment

He did just beat DeMarco so fighting an easier opponent next should be acceptable. Look how GGG is fighting a 154 pounder yet no one gets on his ass about it.

Double standards?
                      As i said, Boxingscene is filled with haters and people too lazy to add them all to ignore. Broner should take his time. GGG is freaking 30 and SHOULD be stepping up as he doesn't have much time. People are stupid and talk stupid. I also like GGG btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X