No announcement yet.

Chavez-Vera signed for Sept 7th at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Feel kinda bad for Vera. Everything was already stacked against him.
    Everything is stacked against all of Chavez's opponents.

Comment

My guess is that Chavez will make a play for Ward next.
      Ward was talking about "Cinco de Mayo" 2014 for a Chavez bout, but I'm guessing the fight wouldn't be on that date as FMJ will take it.

It's a good fight tho, Chavez also likes to work inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        Probably Bika for the WBC, he might fight Ward in the near future though...
        Bika is Golden Boy and Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Ward was talking about "Cinco de Mayo" 2014 for a Chavez bout, but I'm guessing the fight wouldn't be on that date as FMJ will take it.

It's a good fight tho, Chavez also likes to work inside.
          They may go head to head

Comment

Bika is Golden Boy and Showtime.
            Then the WBC will make Chavez the mandatory and conveniently strip Bika, making Brain MaGee, Rosinsky, or Periban the other challenger for the vacant title.

Comment

LOL he will be busy during the whole camp trying to drop all that fat instead of working on a gameplan.No wonder why Roach walked away.

Comment

My guess is that Chavez will make a play for Ward next.
                Ward stops him late.

This is the beginning of the end for Chavez...

Comment

It's going to look like a college guy beating on a 5th grader. Jesus christ I can only imagine the size difference fight night. Vera is a 154 pounder really. Dude is smaller than martinez. And Chavez is probably going to rehydrate to 190 lbs because of the 168 limit.
                  Last edited by TRTboy; 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Fat ass has less time to train than Floyd and Canelo and he has to lose at least 40lbs. Vera is going to be fighting a cruiserweight come fight night. Chavez has to learn that you can't become a great fighter without discipline and sacrifice. A beard alone isn't going to cut it. I don't think Freddy was healthy enough to deal with his bs. Chavez could use a trainer like Pedro Diaz but he will end up with Robert Garcia and continue to be coddled.

Comment

I'm so disappointed with this guy. I was fan but he's lack of discipline is so off putting I can't stand the guy anymore. What sucks is with his size, chin and body attack he could have been a dominate middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X