No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto, Timothy Bradley, and Reasonable Chances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto, Timothy Bradley, and Reasonable Chances

by Cliff Rold - It’s not what boxing fans say they demand. Combined, two fights instead of “The One” will probably do well over two million buys between May and June, proving the supply curve is still stronger than demand.

The stars have not aligned (again).

They haven’t gone soft either.

On May 5, WBA Jr. Middleweight beltholder Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30 KO) will get what is estimated to be a career high pay in accepting the challenge of lineal World Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26 KO).

While it isn’t 100% final as yet, let’s pretend it’s close enough for assumption. Little more than a month later, on June 9 to be exact, the best Jr. Welterweight in the world, Timothy Bradley (28-0, 12 KO) should be moving up a class to challenge WBO Welterweight titlist Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KO).

Some fans, thirsty to drink from only one cup, will disagree about the quality of these encounters. Boxing fans have a tendency towards the negative in general. At least on paper, what critics exist stand wrong in turning down their nose at Cotto-Mayweather or Pacquiao-Bradley.

Neither Cotto nor Bradley is favored to win. No one else from 154 lbs. on down likely would be. Such is the strength of talent and resume both Mayweather and Pacquiao present. That doesn’t make either a bad match.

Yes, Mayweather and Pacquiao will probably win. There is a reasonable chance either or both will fail to do so.

Isn’t that what matters?

When watching the progress of two fighters already deemed great by most, the desire to see them tested, challenged, to have the potential for defeat, is the essence of competition. [Click Here To Read More]

Great article! You're 100% right, best available opponents. I can't wait to see these fights!

Comment

Bradley is a very live dog in this fight. Which is why I remain skeptical that Arum will even make it. It's not his MO to jeopardize the Fight of the Century against such a risky opponent.

Cotto looks borderline shot to me. I'd be surprised and disappointed in Mayweather if he doesn't win in a one-sided fashion.

Comment

Unless Pacquiao underestimates him I don't think Bradley will win but he has the ability to make Pacquiao look bad, the way he moves in and out cab disrupt Pacquiao's rhythm and Bradley's habit of leading with his head will make Pacquiao more tentative with his offense so, I don't think Pacquiao will look spectacular. Unless of course he catches Bradley early similar to what happened in the Holt fight.

Comment

Cotto will win bradley will lose bradley has been knocked down and has no power cotto has power and can box floyd has nothing to keep cotto off of him

Comment

Originally posted by reyocs
            100% iam positive miguel cotto win this fight....
            We expect that the fight will come closer and closer floyd will announce that he have an injury..we expect the fight will pospond

I am 100% positive you are wrong and Floyd will make easy work of Cotto.
            It will be a nice win for Cotto in terms of money in the bank.

Haters gonna hate.

Floyd Money Mayweather, skills pay the bills.

Comment

Great read. I think Bradley has a better chance at upsetting Pacquiao than Cotto has against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by reyocs

MIGUEL WILL ESECUTE HIS TRADE MARK POWER PUNCH TO THE BODY THEN HEAD...
                SUDENLY FLOYD WILL SHAKE HIS HEAD AND SAID O MEN I WAS WRONG OF PICKING COTTO....
                AND FLOYD CRIED LIKE A BABY GOAT
                my god what are you doing son
                Last edited by thuggery; 02-08-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Bradley is a very live dog in this fight. Which is why I remain skeptical that Arum will even make it. It's not his MO to jeopardize the Fight of the Century against such a risky opponent.

Cotto looks borderline shot to me. I'd be surprised and disappointed in Mayweather if he doesn't win in a one-sided fashion.
                  They already signed Pacs side of the papers and are waiting for Timmy

Comment

Cotto will show why Floyd avoided him all those years. Long time coming for Cotto. Cotto's new bang and run style will spell the doom of Floyd. A painful 12 rounds for Floyd. The the superfight will never happen unless Floyd accepts a 70/30 sharing with Pac.

Pac kills Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X