No announcement yet.

Antonio Margaritos controversy only makes this fight bigger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margaritos controversy only makes this fight bigger

Antonio Margarito is the most controversial fighter in boxing right now.
    There's people who think Margarito doesn't deserve a shot at Pacquiao. There's people who think Margarito is guilty of nothing.

There's people who think this fight is a travesty, and there's people who think this fight is going to be an exciting battle between two supreme fighters.

Did he wrap his hands for Cotto?

Did he know his hands were wrapped?

Did he even have plaster in his gloves or even deserve that one year ban?

Should he be banned forever?

One thing is undeniable.

Everyone on this forum, anyone who watches boxing, other boxers and sports analysts themselves..... Everyone, has an opinion on Antonio Margarito.

Some of you want to see him fail miserably. You want Pacquiao to punish Margarito for the entire boxing community. Some of you want to see Margarito rise above everything against him and come out victorious. You want him to shove it everyone's face by beating Manny Pacquiao.

Whichever way you may feel.... You're all going to watch him fight.

One way or another, everyone has an opinion on how they would prefer this fight turns out.

And now... The most controversial fighter in the sport, is about to fight the most exciting fighter in the sport.

I'll watch, you'll watch..... and so will everyone else.
    500k - 600k
    2.44%
    600k - 700k
    0.00%
    700k - 800k
    14.63%
    800k - 900k
    12.20%
    900k - 1M
    14.63%
    1M - 1.1M
    17.07%
    1.1M - 1.2M
    17.07%
    1.2M - 1.3M
    2.44%
    1.3M - 1.4M
    0.00%
    1.4M +++++++
    19.51%

"Controversy sells"
    "Boxing is a business"

Everyone should be happy that boxing will be getting so much attention on two known warriors who give it their all for every second of every fight.

Instead, we get a bunch of whiny crybabies asking for boycotts.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
      "Controversy sells"
      "Boxing is a business"

Everyone should be happy that boxing will be getting so much attention on two known warriors who give it their all for every second of every fight.

Instead, we get a bunch of whiny crybabies asking for boycotts.
      I been saying this from the start. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in boxing is being more publicized than this right now. The only thing that can out do this as far as exposure isn't happening (I'm not getting into that in this thread). This is putting a big target on boxing and good or bad as people see it, everyone is watching.

For one year everyone complained about Tony. Then the hearing from the NSAC and the CSAC came and they were both on huge stages, being streamed and on boxing jounalists' twitters and on every sport network available. Now the fights here and you can't run into someone who doesn't have an opinion.

People want boxing to survive: Just like ANY other sport, there has to be bad guys, supposed cheaters, cheaters and good guys. Pick and choose who you anoint what to, we all have different opinions.

What's that saying? Any publicity is good publicity...

Comment

Originally posted by mruiz9 View Post
        I been saying this from the start. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in boxing is being more publicized than this right now. The only thing that can out do this as far as exposure isn't happening (I'm not getting into that in this thread). This is putting a big target on boxing and good or bad as people see it, everyone is watching.

For one year everyone complained about Tony. Then the hearing from the NSAC and the CSAC came and they were both on huge stages, being streamed and on boxing jounalists' twitters and on every sport network available. Now the fights here and you can't run into someone who doesn't have an opinion.

People want boxing to survive: Just like ANY other sport, there has to be bad guys, supposed cheaters, cheaters and good guys. Pick and choose who you anoint what to, we all have different opinions.

What's that saying? Any publicity is good publicity...

In the words of one of our more dense members,

"everybodies talking bout it, must be doing something right"

Comment

even the chicken floyd came out of hiding just to steal the glamor.

Comment

No, It just makes the fight a joke. Period.

And I won't watch it.

Comment

You absolutely right, Come November 13 everyone would end up watching, I said it before and i would say it again controversy sells and i wouldnt be suprise if this fight did more than the Pac-Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                You absolutely right, Come November 13 everyone would end up watching, I said it before and i would say it again controversy sells and i wouldnt be suprise if this fight did more than the Pac-Cotto fight.
                I hope you're right as well as the TS. Who knows? If this sells enough ppvs, that might force floyd to agree to the 50-50 split. But that's a long shot albeit worth hoping for.

Comment

that may be true, but at the end of the day thats great for the fighters. for us hardcore fans who dont get any money from these fights, it does nothing. if we, as hardcore fans are ok with all that is wrong with this fight then what does that say about boxing??? im glad ppl are calling out this bull**** because thats exactly what it is.

wat saddens me is how some of u guys dismiss it just because u like margariot of for whatever reason then when there is a robbery or some other corrupt scandal u be the first guys acting like lil *****es.

Comment

It's just embarassing. That's the only word to describe this fight. It's a bad reflection that the so called "p4p#1" is fighting a banned cheater at a catchweight for a vacant belt. A guy who everyone except Bob Arum agrees should never be given a fight like this. How people can call Floyd a cherrypicker and praise Pacquiao after this is just something that cannot be explained.

Comment

Working...
                    X