Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Heavyweight match ups only make sense...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Heavyweight match ups only make sense...

With Cain vs JDS 3 already set this only makes perfect sense

Cormier vs Werdum- #1 contender fight
    -Cormier doesnt want none of JDS as he was calling out the winner of Werdum-Big No before the last PPV. Both of them looked poor in their last fight.

Big Foot vs Roy Nelson
    pretty obvious Nelson steam rolls Stipe next sat. Big Country always gets a nice 3-4 win streak going then loses to a top 5 guy. Big foot is a good test to see if Nelson can break that pattern.

Mark Hunt vs The winner of Overeem-Browne
    -Hunt fought like a warrior with a nasty broken toe and proved himself worthly of being more then a mid level fighter deserving of another title chase. This gives him time to heal his toe as Overeem-Browne isn't until August and he can fight the winner in Nov. Or Dec. and the winner of this fight gets right back in the mix.

Struve vs Mir
    Interesting fight as both have great submissions and decent offensive striking with shakey chins.

Cormier and Werdum both looked good in their last fights.

Cormier dominated probably 13 minutes out of a 15 minute fight. What more do you want?

Werdum just impressively subbed Nog. in a good fight. Nog is probably still the superior standup fighter, but Werdum got the fight to the ground where he wanted it and finished the fight.

Comment

All cormier did was hold Mir against the cage for 3 rounds and gas out. how's that looking good when most people expected him to run right through Mir.

Werdum slowed down tremendously after one round. Nog is shot as hell. Werdum is still vulnerable for that same uppercut Dos Santos put him to sleep with. Nog just threw a wild jab and overhand right the whole time and only landed once.

Werdum was the better grappler going in and attacked the same arm Mir broke.Werdum was a 3 to 1 favorite and barely beat the most shot Nog has ever looked.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        All cormier did was hold Mir against the cage for 3 rounds and gas out. how's that looking good when most people expected him to run right through Mir.

Werdum slowed down tremendously after one round. Nog is shot as hell. Werdum is still vulnerable for that same uppercut Dos Santos put him to sleep with. Nog just threw a wild jab and overhand right the whole time and only landed once.

Werdum was the better grappler going in and attacked the same arm Mir broke.Werdum was a 3 to 1 favorite and barely beat the most shot Nog has ever looked.

werdum looked way better than cormier. i man he took his time but he wasnt being tagged with clean shots a lot and was never hurt. no one has looked that good vs big nog since cain pulverized him

Comment

I thought Mir was fighting Barnett though.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post

He was throwing punches the whole time. He shut Mir down completely and dominated the fight.

Comment

cormier wants roy nelson then hes moving to light heavy weight to make a run there

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                werdum looked way better than cormier. i man he took his time but he wasnt being tagged with clean shots a lot and was never hurt. no one has looked that good vs big nog since cain pulverized him
                Except Mir the first time but Nog had staph. But besides that fight this was the worst Nog ever looked. I agree it was better because Werdum got the finish, I just think compared to his last fight vs Nelson, he looked worse when he actually looked like a completely different monster vs Nelson.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I thought Mir was fighting Barnett though.
                Forgot about that. Still think the Struve fight should happen later down the road.

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
                He was throwing punches the whole time. He shut Mir down completely and dominated the fight.
                I don't know what fight you were watching that was a boring fight. And this is coming from somebody who defended the Story vs Alves fight while half this section was bashing story for "wall n stall". And the majority of this section expected Cormier to steam roll Mir and stop him. It was obviously his worst fight since he entered the strikeforce grand prix.

Comment

Cormier didn't KO barnett either. I think what Cormier did was completely shut down every aspect of Mir's game, so while it wasn't pretty, it also meant he moved past that banana skin of a fight.

you gain almost nothing by beating Mir, but losing to him puts you so far down the queue for a potential title shot that it's a big risk fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X