Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never seen Manny look so soft before a fight is he taking Bradley lightly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    just watched HBO 24/7 and I know its a while before the fight...but Manny has always appeared to be be in pretty good shape between fights cut and lean, he even said he hadnt been in a gym since November...do you think he is taking Bradley lightly>
    Pacquiao is focused on everything but boxing. It doesn't even look like he wants to be in the gym to be honest. The only fight he could prolly get up for now would be Mayweather.

He is way too into all this other bull**** like his bible studies, politics, singing, and whatever the hell else. Pac is one of my favorite fighters but he is pissing me off and if he doesn't take this fight seriously and look good against Bradley I will give him zero chance against Mayweather, who obviously still loves boxing and is dedicated

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
      Pacquiao is focused on everything but boxing. It doesn't even look like he wants to be in the gym to be honest. The only fight he could prolly get up for now would be Mayweather.

He is way too into all this other bull**** like his bible studies, politics, singing, and whatever the hell else. Pac is one of my favorite fighters but he is pissing me off and if he doesn't take this fight seriously and look good against Bradley I will give him zero chance against Mayweather, who obviously still loves boxing and is dedicated
      He's always been like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He's always been like this.
        No, he used to look like he was enjoying the work at least. Now from the 24/7 and few other training videos I have seen he is just going through the motions. Also, in other fights he was not discussing retirement and talking about how boxing is not good for his religion.

Comment

No, he used to look like he was enjoying the work at least. Now from the 24/7 and few other training videos I have seen he is just going through the motions. Also, in other fights he was not discussing retirement and talking about how boxing is not good for his religion.
          Well I don't know about that since I'm not him. Not sure what his feelings are. But as far as distractions and caught up doing other stuff...yeah, he's always been like this.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            Pac only loses it when it comes to non weight drained, flat footed, pass primed, coming off loses, mummies. Set Manny up with another gloved corpes and you will see the old explosive Manny back...

Only real warriors fight the best at their best.
            True indeed. He isn't "taking Bradley lightly" anyways. He just doesn't appear invincible because this is his first real threat in a while where some (me included) don't fully expect Pac to win. He would have been lost if he were allowed to fight the likes of Tim and thats why he was protected until that threat was signed to same promotion. Some people are going to go nuts when they see Pac getting schooled but at least they already have their excuses lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Hell no, God won't be able to save Timothy "The Headmonster" Bradley
              Funny thing is, Alex Ariza said the same thing about JMM on the lead up to JMM-Pac III . And Pacquiao got taken to school by a 40 year old man he had every advantage possible over.

Comment

I dont know if he was joking but didnt Ariza tweet yesterday that he was fired by Arum but he forgot cause hes senile. The fired part was a question

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Well I don't know about that since I'm not him. Not sure what his feelings are. But as far as distractions and caught up doing other stuff...yeah, he's always been like this.
                  Ya as far as his distractions go he has always had them, but it seems as his fights have gone on his hunger has diminished. It is easy to see why, I mean the guy has everything and is already crazy famous and wealthy.

Bradley looks really determined and hungry to win. Pac is levels above him though and I can see Pac KO'ing Bradley even not at his best. But if Bradley fights smart and can take Pac's power in the early stages, Pac could be in serious trouble

Comment

Ya as far as his distractions go he has always had them, but it seems as his fights have gone on his hunger has diminished. It is easy to see why, I mean the guy has everything and is already crazy famous and wealthy.

Bradley looks really determined and hungry to win. Pac is levels above him though and I can see Pac KO'ing Bradley even not at his best. But if Bradley fights smart and can take Pac's power in the early stages, Pac could be in serious trouble
                    He's been wealthy for a while. Seems his hunger always looks diminished when he faces Marquez.

Comment

I think the difference is that Pac has to put in a lot more work to be in his best fighting condition, and those distractions don't let that happen. They were less an issue when he was younger and didn't have to work as hard. It's inevitable with any athlete, at some point they reach a stage where staying on top requires them to work harder than they did before.

Comment

Working...
                      X