No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook-Jessie Vargas Close To Done, 8/27 in Sheffield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    How many knockouts does Vargas have remind me? especially at 147?

If he struggled with a semi shot Tim Bradely, how will he beat Kell Brook, who is much bigger, younger, fresher and hits harder?

I really hope Vargas can do something, but i think it will be over within 3 rounds
    HE just won his last fight by KO.....against a guy who had never been down.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I'm really thinking that Vargas could embarrass Brook because of all the soft comp that he has been facing over the past 2 years. Brook is looking past Vargas thinking he's an easy mark but he could be in for a surprise.
      I will have my fingers crossed Vargas brings the heat

Comment

The only time Kell has done proper drug testing was against Porter. They did VADA testing for that fight

and lets be honest Kell didnt look like a "beast" in that fight, he actually looked nervous, and his power wasn't there, which was a bit weird.

Maybe because he wasn't allowed to take his roids?
        They didn't have vada for that fight

Comment

One of three things will happen if this fight is made:
          1) Brook gets "injured" leading up to the fight.
          2) Brook gets knocked out.
          3) Brook clinches the whole fight.

Comment

Yes i saw the fight

but Ali was unproven man, he was a prospect, i think Ali simply has no chin or Vargas magically became a puncher

i dunno, i could only say if i saw a few more Vargas fights at 147, but he's jumping in there with Brook, who hits harder than Ali

I saw Vargas get caught flush by Ali a few times, you don't want to do that against Kell Brook. Vargas likes to stand and trade, reminds me a bit of Lopez, i just see an early knockout, i really hope i am wrong

Comment

Ali has been down and wobbled in quite a few fights, he's got a notoriously dodgy chin

Comment

How many knockouts does Vargas have remind me? especially at 147?

If he struggled with a semi shot Tim Bradely, how will he beat Kell Brook, who is much bigger, younger, fresher and hits harder?

I really hope Vargas can do something, but i think it will be over within 3 rounds
                How is Bradley semi-shot? Brook would get his ass handed back to him if they faced. Bradley is what? 32 years old and Brook is 30 so again that doesnt make sense.
                Vargas is a huge step up from what Brook has been facing and there is nothing to suggest that Brook would have an easy fight let alone KO him in 3.

Im a Brook fan but keep things in perspective .

Comment

I can't believe people like this match up. It's acceptable because it's a unification, but in the ring, it won't be competitive

Vargas is barely a top 10 welterweight

Comment

But Arum doesnt give us the fights we want doe

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                      Vargas under rated? You've all got it twisted! Brooks probably the best WW at the moment,he's the only under rated fighter in this fight. He's going to spark Vargas, this is nothing but a show case fight.
                      You have a point - I think I underrate Brook myself. I realize he has a nice skills set, he is good....but i don't know why I am not convinced?

Maybe it was the first Jones fight. And then I got to see him fight Porter in person and I came away thinking he isn't that fast for a WW. VERY physically strong, sturdy as hell, accurate...but maybe slower than people realize.

I see Vargas as one of the more seasoned young fighters out there so I think it will be more than a showcase - but again I could be underestimating Brook. LEt's see it

Comment

Working...
                      X