No announcement yet.

CNN: Dog Meat Festival in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Different cultures eat different things so I have no problem with it. There are numerous foods that Americans eat that other cultures might find disgusting.
    this is true.

Comment

I wonder if it's as good as goat. I would think a Pomeranian would taste better than a Great Dane.
      Last edited by UTEP; 06-23-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Really when you think about it, why not eat dog? If that's what you want to eat then so be it, I just don't see how tasty dog can really be.

I know there's cultures that eat horse, and it's supposedly delicious.
        Tacos de Suadero de perro, barbacoa de perro, Perro al Pastor, porque no? Vale madre, a few chelas y chicharron de perro.. ready for Mexico vs Croatia.

Asong Kaldereta and doggie siopao sound just as good.

By the way the French love eating horse, and French cuisine is regarded as elegant and delicate. In fact it's one of only 3 Cuisines(or so lmao) to be protected by UNESCO and labeled as a world heritage site. The other cuisine being none other than la tierra de los guerreros, Mexico and Japan.

Comment

Different cultures eat different things so I have no problem with it. There are numerous foods that Americans eat that other cultures might find disgusting.

i don't think it's simply a matter of the food being "disgusting" the way some food could obviously be characterized. i think macdonalds is disgusting.

this is a taboo. i don't think the beef is with the taste, it's with the concept of eating a domestic dog. dogs are the oldest domesticated animal. they were domesticated to work for us / help us, but also to be our companions / friends. we bred the domestic dog to care for, and respect the authority of humans.

any dog owner will tell you about the capacity of a dog to care for people and other dogs. a good dog is your friend. any dog, and i truly believe this, can be raised to be a caring companion. some breeds take to it more naturally than others.

most of the animals that we eat have a far lesser capacity for emotion, and high level social interaction. most livestock, fish, don't have a ton going on upstairs.

Comment

True.

For example, the French eat snails and frogs' legs.

In Thailand, chocolate-coated cockroaches are eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Tacos de Suadero de perro, barbacoa de perro, Perro al Pastor, porque no? Vale madre, a few chelas y chicharron de perro.. ready for Mexico vs Croatia.

Asong Kaldereta and doggie siopao sound just as good.

By the way the French love eating horse, and French cuisine is regarded as elegant and delicate. In fact it's one of only 3 Cuisines(or so lmao) to be protected by UNESCO and labeled as a world heritage site. The other cuisine being none other than la tierra de los guerreros, Mexico and Japan.
              Estoy listo y nervioso.....Mexico tiene k ganar or empatar.

I think the dog thing has to do with personality to be honest. The more personality an animal has, the less we want to eat it. I just don't think dog would be tasty, maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Beef and pork and pretty fukin delicious, I don't need to eat dog. If I was starving on some island though, and I came upon a dog, I'm trying tokill it and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Estoy listo y nervioso.....Mexico tiene k ganar or empatar.

I think the dog thing has to do with personality to be honest. The more personality an animal has, the less we want to eat it. I just don't think dog would be tasty, maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Beef and pork and pretty fukin delicious, I don't need to eat dog. If I was starving on some island though, and I came upon a dog, I'm trying tokill it and eat it.
                Croatia esta fuerte pero tengo confianza en nuestro equipo. Les vamos a meter una madrisa(ojalá). Pero en respecto a la conversación de carne de perro, tienes razón.

Dogs are practically family to most humans whom interact with them, so eating a creature that can/has shared emotional links to you will immediately wipe it out of your menu, unless you're stranded on an island like you said. I love dogs and what they symbolise for humans. So although i joke about it and respect other cultures whom choose to dine on them, i dont think i have the stomach or heart to stick my fork in Old Yellers ass after slow roasting it for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i don't think it's simply a matter of the food being "disgusting" the way some food could obviously be characterized. i think macdonalds is disgusting.

this is a taboo. i don't think the beef is with the taste, it's with the concept of eating a domestic dog. dogs are the oldest domesticated animal. they were domesticated to work for us / help us, but also to be our companions / friends. we bred the domestic dog to care for, and respect the authority of humans.

any dog owner will tell you about the capacity of a dog to care for people and other dogs. a good dog is your friend. any dog, and i truly believe this, can be raised to be a caring companion. some breeds take to it more naturally than others.

most of the animals that we eat have a far lesser capacity for emotion, and high level social interaction. most livestock, fish, don't have a ton going on upstairs.
                  I've been a dog owner my entire life (or least always had a family dog when I was a kid). I love dogs.

Still, we in America obviosly view dogs differently than other cultures. In some cultures, dogs are viewed as nothing more than food, in others dirty animals that they would never allow into thier homes.

This is why I also have no moral objective to dog fighting as well.

Comment

Croatia esta fuerte pero tengo confianza en nuestro equipo. Les vamos a meter una madrisa(ojalá). Pero en respecto a la conversación de carne de perro, tienes razón.

Dogs are practically family to most humans whom interact with them, so eating a creature that can/has shared emotional links to you will immediately wipe it out of your menu, unless you're stranded on an island like you said. I love dogs and what they symbolise for humans. So although i joke about it and respect other cultures whom choose to dine on them, i dont think i have the stomach or heart to stick my fork in Old Yellers ass after slow roasting it for hours.
                    Lo K me asusta de Croacia es su ataque por el aire. Su medio campo es muy bueno, y son grandes. Lo k México tiene k hacer es ganar la batalla de posesión, y usar su contra ataque para controlar la agresividad de Croacia.

Ojala por lo menos empatemos, pero yo creo K México va a jugar por la victoria.

Comment

gotta try it with Tapatio

Comment

Working...
                      X