Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Delahoya get a gift decision over Pernell Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Oscar winning that fight clearly. I hope people are just caught with Whitaker's defense and slickness, because that was all I saw. Whitaker's offense could have been better. Oscar was the aggressor and the only one really trying to make the fight happen. Those saying Whitaker "clowned" or "outslicked" Oscar, i'm sorry Whitaker did look like he was the star of a circus act but unfortunately it was just entertaining to look at for the viewers and fans in attendance just like a clown is entertaining to look at, not for judges or any serious boxing fan scoring an actual fight. He was "funny" and entertaining, maybe he should have had his own stand comedy that night and he would have won something.

Comment

Oscar clearly won.

Comment

It was a close fight.

Ultimately the knockdown decided the winner for me. I had Whitaker up by 1 at the end.

Comment

I got Whitaker winning 8 or 9 rounds, he made ODH look foolish in there.

Comment

Close fight. Whitaker probably pulled it out for me. But it wasn't a robbery exactly. But was it a gift for dlh? Yes

Comment

Watch The Damn Fight Yourself And Give Your Own Opinion:

Wasn't a robbery, it could have went either way...but at the time Oscar was the young up and coming star while Whitaker was on his way out so Oscar was probably going to win no matter what Whitaker did

Oscar did get a few gifts in his career though

Comment

It wasn't like Oscar had anything to do with Whitaker's 'not pushing the issue, I guess it was the yayo maybe, Whitaker could have done so much more, as for Oscar, I think that's the best he had to offer, which was enough arguably. I can't complain though, regardless of what Whitaker may have done that night, he was never gonna get the decision.

Comment

It wasn't a robbery but I thought Whitaker won.

Could have gone either way.

Comment

close fight from what i remember...im gonna have to dig up the old tape..i thought Pernell won but im a biased Sweet Pea homer and Oscar hater

Comment

draw fight at best, so oscar got a gift that night...

Comment

Working...
                      X