No announcement yet.

The last time Andre Ward lost...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time Andre Ward lost...

(UPDATE: Someone told me that JESUS GONZALEZ is reported to be the last man to beat Andre Ward...but I have read that he beat him in 1996...this fight with Revish, however, was in 1998...Ill check and see if anyone knows for sure, 100 proof positive)

SECOND UPDATE 9-26-12 8PM: UPDATE: Apparently Virgil Hunter says Jesus Gonzalez was the last one to beat Andre Ward as an amateur....so Ill assume that Revish was the second to last ....sorry for the mistake...

I've had this in my files for 14 years...this is the kind of stuff you see and the kind of people you see at amateur tournaments...February 7, 1998 at Lenexa, Kansas, National Silver Gloves tournament...The last time Andre Ward ever lost was at 132 pounds Intermediate JO to John Revish (it's off to the left, about halfway down on the page)....notice that Chad Dawson lost in the finals the same day, at 132 senior JO to Julio Perez (I was in his corner)...other kids who fought on this day include Nonito Donaire, Raushee Warren, Gary Russel (Warren and Russel are on the back side of this paper), Allen and Jason Litzau, Timothy Bradley and Curtis Stevens...my boxer Sammy Vega, pictured on the bottom right, won the national title at 106 senior JO...

Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM.

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    I've had this in my files for 14 years...this is the kind of stuff you see and the kind of people you see at amateur tournaments...February 7, 1998 at Lenexa, Kansas, National Silver Gloves tournament...The last time Andre Ward ever lost was at 132 pounds Intermediate JO to John Revish (it's off to the left, about halfway down on the page)....notice that Chad Dawson lost in the finals the same day, at 132 senior JO to Julio Perez (I was in his corner)...other kids who fought on this day include Nonito Donaire, Raushee Warren, Gary Russel (Warren and Russel are on the back side of this paper), Allen and Jason Litzau, Timothy Bradley and Curtis Stevens...my boxer Sammy Vega, pictured on the bottom right, won the national title at 106 senior JO...

Hope Chad gets a rematch at 175. May make the difference. Keep up the good work! I'll be sure to support your fighters.

Comment

cool stuff sir do you have anymore stuff like this?

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
        cool stuff sir do you have anymore stuff like this?
        More than u can imagine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Hope Chad gets a rematch at 175. May make the difference. Keep up the good work! I'll be sure to support your fighters.
          Thanks, BD, appreciate the words! First things first, Chad just needs to reestablish himself before any rematch talk could ever be realistic. I have a bunch more stuff like this but considering Andre's ascent at the moment I figured it would be the most interesting to show...

Comment

Thanks, BD, appreciate the words! First things first, Chad just needs to reestablish himself before any rematch talk could ever be realistic. I have a bunch more stuff like this but considering Andre's ascent at the moment I figured it would be the most interesting to show...
            yeah this was cool.

Comment

More than u can imagine!!
              yeah sorry i just posted on your private msg board i feel silly now didnt know it was really you

Comment

Wow a lot of top boxers when they were young, I noticed Juan Diaz also fought in that tournament.

Comment

Scully, keeping shit real on NSB

Comment

I`m angry at you cause you allowed one of my favorite fighters to go down to 168 and take Ward on without trying to talk Chad out of it.Most people knew Dawson would likely be weight drained and most of us who knew are not real boxing experts but you are but yet you couldn`t see that it was a bad idea to allow Chad to go to 168.

How could you not see it was a bad idea when you mentioned what happened to Chris Byrd when he came down to cruiser?I`m sure Chris Byrd thought he could make the weight without draining himself.

Now i have to see all these bad wagon Jumpers call Ward the best p4p boxer right now even though he beat a wieght-drained Zombie.Mayweather senior who use to trained Dawson said before the fight that Chad should not be going down to 168 to fight Ward and that the fight should be at 175.

And what whats so shocking is that Chad got payed chump change to come down to 168 and go to his hometown.I would have thought since Chad would be going through all that that he would have gotten a lot of dough for that risk.I can`t believe Chad sold himself so short.

Comment

Working...
                    X