No announcement yet.

Your unpopular boxing opinions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    evidently, understanding that carl froch is not the best SMW in the world makes me a bad guy.

the best SMW in the world is a young slick named andre. it makes haters mad to see us on top.
    I keep telling you to look harder into that mirror. You're not black

Comment

Wladimir and Vitali would dominate no matter what era they were in

Adonis Stevenson will beat both Kovalev and Bhop if both of them man up for it

People don't like Amir Khan because he is Asian and an Islamic follower

The current generation of heavyweights are constantly slated to make past overrated fighters look good.

Comment

Also Andre Ward ducked Adonis Supermans beating because apparently Ward thinks Adonis wasn't proven enough BUT GGG is?
        Hahahaha what a pussboy ducking a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          evidently, understanding that carl froch is not the best SMW in the world makes me a bad guy.

the best SMW in the world is a young slick named andre. it makes haters mad to see us on top.
          The notion that Carl Froch is the best SMW in the world is so utterly ******ed that a Stax on Deck quote from 2012 perfectly sums up the mentality of those arguing he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
            Mine are:

James DeGale would beat Froch.

Canelo Alvarez has underrated ring IQ.

Floyd would have beaten Shane Mosley in his prime.

Amir Khan is a bigger draw than Marcos Maidana.

Wladimir and Vitali would have dominated the 90's.

Pacquiao's power is overrated.

David Haye did not duck Tyson Fury.

The cold war is BS, if a fighter wants to make a fight happen, it will.

Keith Thurman is all talk but no action, why not do an Erislandy Lara and call out Floyd at his post fight presser.
            lol.. most of that is ******ed but the second last part is just ridiculous. did you start watching boxing yesterday? its not even just about the cold war, fights in general take a lot more to put together than just two guys agreeing to fight. promoters, managers and networks from both sides all have to be on board and all have to agree on everything from purse to location and date etc.

something that seems as simple as finding a date isnt simple either, networks have a limited number of slots and the fight cant be too big or small or it wont fit the card. you think a fight cant be too big? if you want to make money it can. thats just me scratching the surface of my knowledge about the business aspect of things which is extremely limited, there is a lot more going on i dont even know about.

boxing politics are anything but simple. "if a fighter wants to make a fight, he will". what a moron! fighters dont even make fights, they agree to them if and when they can be put together.

k bros dominating the 90's gave me a good chuckle too. competitive? no doubt. successful? overall, yes. champions at some point? probably. dominate? no way in hell

Comment

Bradley beat Pacquiao in their first fight

Hopkins easily handled Taylor in their first fight. Rematch was a draw

Vitali Klitschko isn't a HOF'er

Carl Froch would give Joe Calzaghe hell in their respective primes

Sergey Kovalev is overrated

Comment

Every fight needs to have a CompuClinch counter

If you clinch more than 60 times in a fight, thats an automatic point deduction
                If you clinch more than 75 times, thats another point deduction
                If you clinch more than 90 times, thats a disqualification and a 1 year suspension

If you fail to make weight and win, that fight doesn't count as a win on your record but there is a new digit to tally it like 0-0-0-1. Same thing with winning after failing a drug test

If you though Canelo beat Lara than you should've thought JMM beat Bradley

SHO will massively cut back on their boxing program or give it up completely within 3 years due to bleeding money from Floyd's PPV flops and paying Al Haymon fighters

Espinoza will be fired within 12 months

Kovalev will stop Hopkins

Joe Calzaghe should be ranked higher on ATG lists including over Floyd

Catchweights are fine if one of the fighters is jumping up to a weight class hes never fought at before

If Paulie Malinaggi fought Floyd in a neutral venue, he would beat him

Algeiri is massively underrated on here and would be a tough fight because hes a 140 pounder who is taller than Lara, has a great long jab and has great volume and footwork and a will to win. He would give alot of fighters problems

The only heavyweight that I would favor over a prime Vitali is a prime young Ali

Prime Pacquiao could've beat prime Cotto, prime Margarito and prime Floyd all in the same night

Comment

Fun thread.

- Khan would beat Mayweather
                  - Pacquiao and Mayweather are/were on PED's.
                  - Hopkins is on PEDs (as is JMM and Porter)
                  - Wlad would have dominated the 90s as well (someone else posted this before)
                  - Broner is even still overrated.
                  - Bradley is severely underrated
                  - Lomachenko is a future ATG

Comment

Originally posted by Bodies in fligh View Post
                    Don't you ever get bored posting about the same 2 boxers over & over?

Mix it up a bit bredda

i have no idea who you are. i post about a slew of different boxers. the only divisions i don't follow are the tiny guys, and i don't pay a ton of attention to cruiserweight, and even HW, because the talent is so poor.

you've probably only followed my posts for a day or two.

that would be like reading a page or two of the bible, and saying, "all the book talks about is a flood."

i'll compare myself to the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I keep telling you to look harder into that mirror. You're not black

italy is awfully close to africa, bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X