Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good are the real old school movies like Citizen Kane?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are the real old school movies like Citizen Kane?.

I've seen the trailer and lets be real it looks like complete horse ****. I'm sure it was good back in the day when playing cricket and beating up your wife was the only other forms of entertainment on offer.

Is it similar to all the old people banging on about how good boxing used to be back in the day when the reality is Felix Trinidad would have rendered Henry Armstrong comatose?.

Bridge over the River Kwai is the oldest movie that i've enjoyed.

Citizen Kane was groundbreaking, revolutionary cinematography. Crap film though. Did not care for it. I just thought that the story was lacking.

That's not because it's old though. There are some amazing films that are contemporaries of Welles' opus.

King Kong predated it, as did the timeless Wizard of Oz. Gone with the wind? Casablanca? Even older films like Nosferatu and Metropolis still hold up as magnificent works of art.

I just don't think that Citizen Kane is all that.

Comment

Ive only seen citizen Kane once, and liked it. I didn't like it because it was a good movie or a movie I'd watch again, but because we watched it in class, meaning we didn't do jack **** and just watched a movie.

Comment

Citizen Kane is massively overrated, but it always has been.

Comment

ROSE BUD thats the only thing i rememebr from it

Comment

Amazing scene

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Citizen Kane was groundbreaking, revolutionary cinematography. Crap film though. Did not care for it. I just thought that the story was lacking.

That's not because it's old though. There are some amazing films that are contemporaries of Welles' opus.

King Kong predated it, as did the timeless Wizard of Oz. Gone with the wind? Casablanca? Even older films like Nosferatu and Metropolis still hold up as magnificent works of art.

Isn't the film generally considered to be one of the top 10 of all time?. I know that's a matter of a opinion but it does seem to be included in a lot of those kind of lists. Is it sophisticated thing to do to rate the film so highly.

I suppose i should actually watch it myself, but my God it looks atrocious.

Comment

Ingmar Berman on Orson Welles:

“For me he’s just a hoax. It’s empty. It’s not interesting. It’s dead. Citizen Kane, which I have a copy of — is all the critics’ darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it’s a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie’s got is absolutely unbelievable.”

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    ROSE BUD thats the only thing i rememebr from it
                    William Randolph Hearst's pet name for his wife's clout.

Comment

Working...
                    X