No announcement yet.

Cruiserweight is an exciting and competitive division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiserweight is an exciting and competitive division

The cruiserweight division is not given much attention in North America, but it's an exciting, competitive division right now.

Many great heavyweights of the past such as Floyd Patterson, Rocky Marciano and Henry Cooper would be cruiserweights today.

There are some people fighting at heavyweight that should be at cruiserweight, such as Tomasz Adamek and Eddie Chambers, but they choose to fight at heavyweight for the bigger paydays.

But still the cruiserweight division has some talented and exciting boxers: Marco Huck, Rakhim Chakhkiev, Yoan Pablo Hernandez, Lateef Kayode, Troy Ross, Krzysztof Wlodarczyk, Mateusz Masternak and Ola Afolabi.

Who do you think is the best of the lot?
    Krzysztof Wlodarczyk
    0.00%
    Yoan Pablo Hernandez
    25.00%
    Rakhim Chakhkiev
    9.09%
    Mateusz Masternak
    9.09%
    Lateef Kayode
    2.27%
    Denis Lebedev
    25.00%
    Antonio Tarver
    0.00%
    Troy Ross
    2.27%
    Ola Afolabi
    2.27%
    Marco Huck
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

I need to watch more of the cruisers! I like Marco huck!

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
      I need to watch more of the cruisers! I like Marco huck!
      Huck's fights are always exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Huck's fights are always exciting.
        Heck yeah he always brings it!

Comment

I like Masternak, I've been following him for a bit now and I think he might be the truth. Chakhkiev is good too, very solid weightclass gonna be some good fights coming up.

Comment

Huck since 2010 lost to Poverkin, should have lose to Lebedev and Afolabi, and beat two no names from Argentina and one guy from Japan. He is overhyped, only thing he has is that strong right hand. Wasnt really impressed by Lebedev performances agains 40+ shot fighters. Wlodarczyk is slow, robotic and sleep thru half of the fight. Masternak is looking great as long as he let his hands go. YPH has some power but he lacks skills(Cunningham was so much better in both fight but dat glass chin of his...) I like Ross, Masternak and Afolabi.

Comment

My second favorite division. Very exciting right now. Shame North America doesn't seem to care.

Comment

I think the two best are Chakhkiev and Masternak, with Lebedev just behind.

Comment

cruiserweights are b*tches who dont have the balls to fight at heavyweight and too lazy to make weight at light heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
                    cruiserweights are b*tches who dont have the balls to fight at heavyweight and too lazy to make weight at light heavy.
                    There's quite a wide 25 pound gap between cruiserweight and light heavyweight.

They are too big for 175 and too small for +200 to be their best fighting weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X