Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    nice rebuttal. you really proved me wrong.
    It's tiresome.

You use the most moronic logic ever to justify why Pacquaio has a better resume than Whitaker and then when it's used to compare another set of fighters to break down why it's stupid, you just repeat the same thing and it some how doesn't apply for them.

It can't apply for one and not the other.

I've already stated why Whitaker's resume is better. First and foremost, he his win over Chavez is better than anything Pacquaio has done.

Let me guess, your reply will be; "Well that's not a win, that's technically a draw" whilst crushing the relevance of that by clearly stating yourself that it was a robbery.

His win over Azumah Nelson is also better than anything Pacquaio has done in his career.

All you've stated to your claim is a long list of things where Pacquaio has the advantage of Whitaker.

Well, like I have already stated, you can do the exact same thing with a long list of fighters who are greater than Pacquaio. Let me guess, the same doesn't apply? Only when it's Whitaker for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post

barrera>nelson
      cotto>mcgirt
      morales>ramirez

jmm>haugen

clottey+bradley+margarito+mosley+ODLH>>chavez

morales 2x, marquez 2x, barerra 2x, oscar, cotto, clottey, hatton, mosley, margarito, bradley is better than

chavez, nelson, mcgirt 2x, ramirez, haugen, paez, nazario, pineda.

it just is.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        As you've stated yourself, it was a robbery.

I'm not going to excuse blatant incompetence or corruption.

Whitaker won the fight and anyone with a grain of sense knows it.

And Pacquaio has never beaten anyone as great as Chavez.
        Neither has Ray Robinson (unless you count washed up Armstrong). It's stupid to just look at one win when comparing entire resumes.

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        Cotto wasn't even ranked in the top 3 at WW when Pacquiao fought him.
        Cotto was ranked #2 when Pac fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It's tiresome.

You use the most moronic logic ever to justify why Pacquaio has a better resume than Whitaker and then when it's used to compare another set of fighters to break down why it's stupid, you just repeat the same thing and it some how doesn't apply for them.

It can't apply for one and not the other.

I've already stated why Whitaker's resume is better. First and foremost, he his win over Chavez is better than anything Pacquaio has done.

Let me guess, your reply will be; "Well that's not a win, that's technically a draw" whilst crushing the relevance of that by clearly stating yourself that it was a robbery.

His win over Azumah Nelson is also better than anything Pacquaio has done in his career.

All you've stated to your claim is a long list of things where Pacquaio has the advantage of Whitaker.

Well, like I have already stated, you can do the exact same thing with a long list of fighters who are greater than Pacquaio. Let me guess, the same doesn't apply? Only when it's Whitaker for some reason.

one draw is not an entire resume. how are you gonna sit there & pretend it is?

dont you have to take into account other things?

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Neither has Ray Robinson (unless you count washed up Armstrong). It's stupid to just look at one win when comparing entire resumes.

Cotto was ranked #2 when Pac fought him.

that's what ive been trying to tell the guy. You have to take everything into account.

Comment

• sweat pea beat dlh and chavez. no one on pacquiaos resume is close to their level of skill @ the time pac fought them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                sweat pea beat dlh and chavez. no one on pacquiaos resume is close to their level of skill @ the time pac fought them.
                morales, barerra, & marquez are not as skilled as chavez sr. & oscar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                  that's what ive been trying to tell the guy. You have to take everything into account.
                  No it isn't!

What you've been trying to say is;

"Pacquaio has won more titles in more divisions"

"Pacquaio has beat more HOF'ers"

"Pacquaio has more FOTY awards"

And stupid logic like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Or, unless you count a prime Kid Gavilan.

Then you could say that Ray Robinson has.

And that isn't what I was saying anyway, it was in response to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                      sweat pea beat dlh and chavez. no one on pacquiaos resume is close to their level of skill @ the time pac fought them.
                      Again, who on Ray Robinson's resume is a skilled as De La Hoya and Chavez? Does that mean Whitaker has a better resume than Robinson? Look at the WHOLE resume.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Or, unless you count a prime Kid Gavilan.

Then you could say that Ray Robinson has.

And that isn't what I was saying anyway, it was in response to something.
                      Great fighter but not as accomplished as Chavez was when Whitaker beat him.
                      Last edited by Light_Speed; 09-12-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X