Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Why does weight class matter when Mayweather is better than Kirkland and would give Canelo a loss easier than Kirkland?
    Damm then put him in with Chavez Jr already.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I believe he won his first title in Mexico in 07 or 08.
      You mean that regional title WBA Fedecentro title? That's not the WBC and it's not a world title.

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
      Obviously looking at your avatar Canelo is your boy. Stop protecting him.
      Who's protecting him? I would love nothing more than for him to face a guy like Kirkland or a Vanes Martirosyan.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
        You mean that regional title WBA Fedecentro title? That's not the WBC and it's not a world title.

I never said it was a world title. I just said he won a title like 6 years ago and made 6-7 defenses. Maybe he wasn't defending the WBA Fedecentro title, but if you're smart, you'd get what I was trying to say.

Comment

i swear the mexican may even turn on Canelo if he doesnt fight a credible opponent.

They were screaming for Chavez Jr during the interview.

Not that i think Chavez is good or anything, but his size and will makes him not a tomato can. He will also have a good chance of winning.

Comment

You'e right, I've seen Rod shine on ESPN. He does have talent. But now that I think about it, one of his fights on ESPN, I remember him getting stopped. This was when he was a prospect.

But the thing is, he never officially made it to the next level because he can't get over the ESPN hump that all big time fighters have to do.

I wouldn't put Canelo in the ESPN category, which is why I'm saying, I wouldn't be interested in the fight. Now unless you guys want to put Canelo back in the ESPN/free tv categories, we can do that. I would just ask for the WBC belt back first.
            If he beats a tough top 154 contender on the undercard of a PPV I would says its title shot worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
              i swear the mexican may even turn on Canelo if he doesnt fight a credible opponent.

They were screaming for Chavez Jr during the interview.

Not that i think Chavez is good or anything, but his size and will makes him not a tomato can. He will also have a good chance of winning.
              I'm against a JCC jr fight... it's unfair size wise. JCC jr will have him move up to MW to fight him and would probably weight 180+ on fight night.
              Also Roach calling BS on catchweights made me laugh

Comment

OO these 2 names came to mind.

Berto or ORtiz. These guys are too big for 147, i think they are going to be moving to 154 by 2012 end. I have no problem with these 2 getting the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  If he beats a tough top 154 contender on the undercard of a PPV I would says its title shot worthy.
                  Who are you referring too?

Rodriguez right?

Comment

Who are you referring too?

Rodriguez right?
                    Yeah D-rod but he does seem to come up short whether its judges against him or not when it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      I'm against a JCC jr fight... it's unfair size wise. JCC jr will have him move up to MW to fight him and would probably weight 180+ on fight night.
                      Also Roach calling BS on catchweights made me laugh
                      Well im not really for that fight either cause of the size as well. I dont expect champions to mvoe up or down. Im jsut saying since Kev said what does size matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X