Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Aussie fights to look forward too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Aussie fights to look forward too?

I know Vic will be fighting but anything besides that?

When is Geale fighting?

But more importantly when is Mundine vs Wood 3?? ( I really shouldn't joke about that)

Originally posted by Malius View Post
    I know Vic will be fighting but anything besides that?

When is Geale fighting?

But more importantly when is Mundine vs Wood 3?? ( I really shouldn't joke about that)
    April 24 - Darchinyan v Perez
    May 8 - Geale v Sylvester
    July 20 - Green v Tarver

There was also discussion about Billy Dib fighting Mikey Garcia for the IBF title sometime in July. Hasn't been confirmed yet I don't think.

Try and get into the habit of trawling through the boxrec schedule. Sometimes good fights can sneak up on you otherwise.
    Last edited by Philfy; 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      April 24 - Darchinyan v Perez
      May 8 - Geale v Sylvester
      July 20 - Green v Tarver

There was also discussion about Billy Dib fighting Mikey Garcia for the IBF title sometime in July. Hasn't been confirmed yet I don't think.
      I was thinking of buying an el cheapo ticket to Green-Tarver. I mean it is Antonio Tarver, and it's true he's never really copped a bad beating (apart from in Rocky Balboa) and rarely disgraces himself in the ring. And anyway, I never plan that far ahead for anything and it's nice to have something to look forward to. Even if it is a Danny Green fight against another washed-up fighter. So even with severe reservations, I sniffed around a bit and discovered Tarver's last fighting weight, 221lbs, was 46 sloppy pounds above his best fighting weight. Not just that, he looked terrible against a bum no-one had ever heard of or from since, and apparently injured his shoulder during the fight - an injury I'm sure didn't go unnoticed by Team Green.

So two fights in two and a half years, a shoulder concern and as much ring rust as flab. Somehow I think Danny's gonna be promising a better opponent next time to a pissed off crowd at nights end. No thanks.
      Last edited by ColWallace; 04-22-2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I decided I would get tickets to Green v Tarver. There is a risk that the main event might turn out to be a flop, but I'm willing to take my chances. The last live fight I went to was Geale v Karmazin. Green Machine usually puts on a half decent undercard as well.

Other good news is that Mainevent will be showing Geale v Sylvester. I had my doubts they would because of Pacquiao, but they've come good. 4am start.

http://www.mainevent.com.au/boxing/s...r-v-geale-934/

Comment

4am starts always kill me cos I never know to pull an all nighter or attempt to wake up early.

Usually the wake up early fails, so who wants an all nighter at star city??

Comment

4am starts always kill me cos I never know to pull an all nighter or attempt to wake up early.

I was considering that. Problem is, I'd be cooked toast by the time the Pacquaio fight starts later in the day. Looks like it'll be an early rise for me.

Comment

edited like an Aussie p*ssy
              Last edited by PEBBLES!; 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Actually no watching Pacman-Mosley I think Mosley's mind set isn't there anymore. One of my friends was heaps excited about the fight, but he didn't know about the Mora fight was was crushed.
                Would rather watch the Geale fight.

Comment

Actually no watching Pacman-Mosley I think Mosley's mind set isn't there anymore. One of my friends was heaps excited about the fight, but he didn't know about the Mora fight was was crushed.
                  Would rather watch the Geale fight.
                  I'm hoping Mosley can continue this recent trend of upsets. I know he looked out of sorts against Floyd and Mora, but I like to put that down to a bad style match-up. Mosley looks better against an opponent who will stand in front of him.
                  Mosley's best weapon will be his straight right hand. Who knows, maybe he can fire some straight rights down the pipe and catch Pacquiao off guard early.

In saying that, Pac is the deserved favorite. I think his combination punching will be too much for Shane to deal with. I'm going with Pac via moderately wide decision.

I'm excited about the Geale fight too. General consensus is that Geale has the skills to win, but will probably need the stoppage in Germany. Unfortunately, I have my doubts he'll get it.

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of this news but apparently the sports bar at Star City is gone. It was all over another Aussie boxing forum before the Katsidis fight a few weeks back.

Comment

Working...
                    X