No announcement yet.

Vitor TRT Belfort VS Chris Weidman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crillz View Post
    Chris Weidman wins the fight, who wants the bet? I took my time to really look at Chris because prior to Silva I hadn't known much of him and he is a beast, this dude is going to beat the **** out of Vitor I think.
    Vitor always seems to choke when it comes to the big fights, but also has the striking abilities / strength to KO anyone. Gonna be interesting to see if we can see him rise to the occasion this time! I am pulling for Vitor but if I had to bet, I would honestly put my money on Weidman because he def. seems like he is the mentally superior fighter. Loads of heart / confidence and an all around beast.

Comment

He might win due to styles, but I highly doubt he beats the **** out of TRT

Comment

CW takes it he is the cain velasquez of his division no ones fukin with him and if he does lose he will come back stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
          Vitor always seems to choke when it comes to the big fights, but also has the striking abilities / strength to KO anyone. Gonna be interesting to see if we can see him rise to the occasion this time! I am pulling for Vitor but if I had to bet, I would honestly put my money on Weidman because he def. seems like he is the mentally superior fighter. Loads of heart / confidence and an all around beast.
          That's a really good assessment there. Chris Weidman is the real deal IMO, before the Anderson fights I had my doubts but that's because I barely knew of him, the guy is a monster and it isn't so much what he knows in terms of technique but more so his physical superiority over the other guys, he made Silva who is a big mofo look weak and small compared to him. I know styles make fights and all but I REALLY REALLY can't see Vitor winning this fight in any way even KO, I just realistically can't see it and this is after applying any and every bit of open minded thoughts I could have, I don't see it happening. nothing Vitor will do will be too much for Chris and Chris is too skilled to pull a Hendo and just plow forward defenseless like that

seriously IMO I think Vitor's ONLY chance is if Weidman becomes an idiot overnight and I just don't see that happening because as long as Chris does what he does and sticks to his game Vitor wont beat him, he will be outclassed in every facet of the game and it doesn't even matter how he does it because the end result will be the same, Weidman with the W. I'd like to bet 500,000,000 on Chris any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
            That's a really good assessment there. Chris Weidman is the real deal IMO, before the Anderson fights I had my doubts but that's because I barely knew of him, the guy is a monster and it isn't so much what he knows in terms of technique but more so his physical superiority over the other guys, he made Silva who is a big mofo look weak and small compared to him. I know styles make fights and all but I REALLY REALLY can't see Vitor winning this fight in any way even KO, I just realistically can't see it and this is after applying any and every bit of open minded thoughts I could have, I don't see it happening. nothing Vitor will do will be too much for Chris and Chris is too skilled to pull a Hendo and just plow forward defenseless like that

seriously IMO I think Vitor's ONLY chance is if Weidman becomes an idiot overnight and I just don't see that happening because as long as Chris does what he does and sticks to his game Vitor wont beat him, he will be outclassed in every facet of the game and it doesn't even matter how he does it because the end result will be the same, Weidman with the W. I'd like to bet 500,000,000 on Chris any takers?
            Comeback closer to fight time and I'll be down. Just don't want to forget and I am 100 billy short but by then we should be good to bet.

Comment

I hate to continue to be "that guy" who's negative, but I just can't buy into Weidman's stock just yet after those two fights with Silva. The first one Anderson was clowning around and in pre-fight interviews was saying how Weidman didn't even deserve to fight him yet. Then in the second fight he did beat him up on the ground but the same thing happened against Chael and Hendo, and Anderson was starting to let his strikes go before the accident so I attribute those losses mostly to stupidity and bad luck on Anderson's part.

If he does blow by Vitor I'll give him all the credit in the world because I really do believe this is the best Vitor we have ever seen and think Rashad has helped prepare him better mentally. I think its a true 50/50 fight. If Weidman doesn't strike AT ALL and grinds Vitor out the first round or two I think he'll stop him late but all Vitor needs is one strike to land.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                I hate to continue to be "that guy" who's negative, but I just can't buy into Weidman's stock just yet after those two fights with Silva. The first one Anderson was clowning around and in pre-fight interviews was saying how Weidman didn't even deserve to fight him yet. Then in the second fight he did beat him up on the ground but the same thing happened against Chael and Hendo, and Anderson was starting to let his strikes go before the accident so I attribute those losses mostly to stupidity and bad luck on Anderson's part.

If he does blow by Vitor I'll give him all the credit in the world because I really do believe this is the best Vitor we have ever seen and think Rashad has helped prepare him better mentally. I think its a true 50/50 fight. If Weidman doesn't strike AT ALL and grinds Vitor out the first round or two I think he'll stop him late but all Vitor needs is one strike to land.
                This is what I honestly see happening. I think Chris is too smart not to know that Vitor can knock him out in an instant and will most likely take it to the ground as soon as possible. I rewatched the Belfort / Franklin fight the other day and realized that the KO could have literally happened at any point before it did. Vitor could have done the same thing to Franklin in the 1st minute of the 1st round if he wanted to but was very hesitant until a little into the second round. Hopefully, he has that fixed because Weidman is not going to sit there waiting to get hit by Vitor.

Comment

I pick Weidman and not cuz of his Silva wins but cuz i hate TRT.

Comment

NSAC votes unanimously to ban testosterone-replacement therapy, effective immediately

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/nsac-ba...e-immediately/

Comment

Weidman's gonna drown TRT boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X