Why do non christians celebrate Xmas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
    see heres the point right here

giving of yourself to other people that you care about feels good inside.
    I spent about £100 in total on everything i brought last year and this year probably only about £50.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
      I spent about £100 in total on everything i brought last year and this year probably only about £50.
      I spent about 520$ this year for 6 people, last year i spent about the same same people.

Comment

I've not bought anyone presents in the last 3 years, then again I doubt I'll be getting **** all this year

Comment

I highly doubt many people in the wester culture know about the pagan holiday that coincides with Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            I'm in China and there are Christmas trees, santa claus posters, and people wearing a santa cap all over the place. Even in my town of 500,000 people that I'm the only foriegner in. The answer is because its a fun holiday even if its not own personal beleif.
            Pretty much. Also Christmas was originy a pegan holiday. Nothing to do with the bible. Then came Santa who also evolved. Many parrallels can be drawn between Santa and the old viking God Odin. In reality Christmas ain't much to do with christianity and even the old virtues with christmas being about sharing and caring sold out a long time ago. Now christmas is about getting the best presents stuff yourself with food and the shops thrives on it.

Comment

Why do christians celebrate Oestre when they don't worship a pagan fertility goddess?

Comment

Coz the holidays is about Santa and not Jesus. Santa is more real than Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Why do christians celebrate Oestre when they don't worship a pagan fertility goddess?
                  What's that piggy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    What's that piggy?
                    Christ just happened to rise from his grave during the pagan fertility festivals celebrating the spring equinox (Easter even sounds close to Oestre, wonder where the word Easter could originate...).

He of course happened to have been born coinciding with another pagan holiday (should you believe the myths), imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                      Why is this? and to you non christians will you be celebrating christmas? Also why do non christians spend so much money on presents and get them selfs into debt when they dont even beleve in jesus?
                      because Christmas is not even about Jesus anymore.
                      It may be sad, but its true.

Comment

Working...
                      X