Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
    he is a marketing genius, right...
    thats why his fight with JMM is already sold out.. hahahahahaha
    JMM called PBF out while he was retired. He wasn't even fighting anymore and fighters were still calling him out. Genius. And now he's fighting on PPV after retirement against JMM, quite possibly the # 1 p4p guy.

Marketing genius. As for you, go type away on your P4 2.0GHZ desktop in your basement, while PBF jetsets around the world flipping boats. Hahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      pbf's "money" persona is good for boxing, but bad for floyd.

floyd wants to be the hero so bad and can't understand why people don't like him.
      Exactly!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
        I always said from the beginning that it was a brilliant idea, but at the end of the day he just chooses not to test himself against the best.

Love him as a fighter, not so much with his selection of competition in the last 3 yrs (aka his peak).
        He is about to fight those guys now, he knew what he was doing all along. He was always going to come back and fight the "best", as long as the best made him the most money. With his bad guy role, the plan was to never lose, because everyone wants to see him lose, if he lost then a huge part of the appetite that feeds the fans would be gone, he had to keep winning and he did, he will fight the ones people want to see him fight, but even after that, they will always try and present a new "threat" for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          pbf's "money" persona is good for boxing, but bad for floyd.

floyd wants to be the hero so bad and can't understand why people don't like him.
          I think, by now, he understands his role in the fight world. Who doesn't want to be a hero? But rather than implode and self-destruct like other fighters have after not acheiving what they wanted or gain the fame that they wanted in the fight game, he actually re-invented himself and found a way to play the role and actually make money off of being a bad guy. It takes a strong person to accept this and actually be successful at it. Of course, he still longs for that hero attention but I think he knows he will never get it. But watch the post fight conferences, just for a few minutes, Floyd's graciousness elevates him to hero for some. Just for a few minutes, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
            PBF is far from the smartest man in boxing....if that is the case....David Haye is the 2nd smartest man in boxing.
            You just proved my point. David Haye didn't belong in the ring with either Klitschkos but made them consider him an opponent. Both Klitschkos agreed to fight Haye for a title. The same Haye who had only one fight at HW and he's already fighting for the title. David Haye could be the 2nd smartest man in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
              He is about to fight those guys now, he knew what he was doing all along. He was always going to come back and fight the "best", as long as the best made him the most money. With his bad guy role, the plan was to never lose, because everyone wants to see him lose, if he lost then a huge part of the appetite that feeds the fans would be gone, he had to keep winning and he did, he will fight the ones people want to see him fight, but even after that, they will always try and present a new "threat" for him.
              The only reason I don't believe that is because all those guys are still fighting. They didn't take a hiatus as well and wait for Floyd. He came back to get paid by any means.

For instance, if Pacquiao does lose to Cotto..you can't tell me a fight with Mayweather vs Pacquiao then would be as big as if it were Pacquiao beating Cotto. All Floyd would have left is Mosley and Cotto to fight and both of them don't bring the type of money he'd see with a Pacquiao fight at that point.

All Floyd needed to do was wait 1 more day after the Pacman vs Hatton fight and we could've had the fight we all want to see, but after Nov 14th, that could all go away.

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi is a close 2nd. Without his mouth he would possibly still be fighting on ESPN, but his mouth has illusioned people to think he is more talented than he really is. He would have never gotten a Cotto fight had he not been so talkative although having DiBella helps tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  I'm not sure about fighting the best. I think that's part of him being the smartest man in boxing because he manages to avoids the mandatories and top fighters in his division, while still claiming to be the best. This is the one true knock on PBF.

The verdict about fighting the best is still out there. Will he do it? I don't know. Personally, I don't think so. He'll probably make some more money and then quit.

Comment

floyds not smart enough to pull that off. He's just dumb and loud, then people think its a marketing strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                      The only reason I don't believe that is because all those guys are still fighting. They didn't take a hiatus as well and wait for Floyd. He came back to get paid by any means.

For instance, if Pacquiao does lose to Cotto..you can't tell me a fight with Mayweather vs Pacquiao then would be as big as if it were Pacquiao beating Cotto. All Floyd would have left is Mosley and Cotto to fight and both of them don't bring the type of money he'd see with a Pacquiao fight at that point.

All Floyd needed to do was wait 1 more day after the Pacman vs Hatton fight and we could've had the fight we all want to see, but after Nov 14th, that could all go away.
                      By the way youre putting is almost as if Floyd is afraid of Pacquiao, which is kinda funny. I believe Floyd would have not fought Marquez when he said he would offer Marquez step aside money, he knows the media run with anything he says and if something could have been worked out, I believe we could be facing seeing a Pac fight instead of Marquez, either way whoever wins, its gonna be huge money for him, he gets paid alot with either Cotto or Pac, if he can get 15 million for fighting a lightweight he will get at least 20 million fighting either Pac or Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X