No announcement yet.

Questions about boxing tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about boxing tournament?

Okay so I competed in a boxing tournament yesterday, and I won my semi-final bout. It was my first fight, and I gassed pretty hard. Although I won I was pretty disappointing with my performance, but I was sick and couldn't breathe through my nose so I kind of lost focus after the second round when I could barely breathe. Anyways, the kid I'm supposed to fight in the finals broke his wrist and can't compete. What does that mean? He texted me and said he wants to reschedule the final for a few months away, but I really don't want to wait 3 months for his wrist to heal up. I messed up my knee in last nights bout but I'm still showing up expecting a fight. Any tips on this situation? Do I like win by forfeit or something if he doesn't show?
    By the way, the final is today so I'm in a rush, thanks!

****ing fight him later u ***** **** trying to get an easy win?

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      ****ing fight him later u ***** **** trying to get an easy win?
      No I'm not looking for an easy win ****face, I've never been in a situation like this before and I don't know if he's trying to fake me out to make me not show up. Thanks for your quality info, dick.

Comment

Sounds strange. A tournament is when it is if you don!t show up you lose. At least that's how it is in sweden.

Comment

If he ain't ready to fight cause of wrist then he will have to enter another tournament when his wrist is ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
            If he ain't ready to fight cause of wrist then he will have to enter another tournament when his wrist is ready?
            He ended up no showing, and I won my bracket. However, a last minute replacement stepped up and they gave the choice of fighting him in an exhibition match. He was alot more experienced than me but I took the fight because I figured what the hell it could only benefit me, and I ended up losing a pretty close decision. At least its one more fight under the belt though.

Comment

Originally posted by unvme0813 View Post
              He ended up no showing, and I won my bracket. However, a last minute replacement stepped up and they gave the choice of fighting him in an exhibition match. He was alot more experienced than me but I took the fight because I figured what the hell it could only benefit me, and I ended up losing a pretty close decision. At least its one more fight under the belt though.
              It's good/stand up how you took the exhibition fight when you could have just walked away with your tournament champions trophy. Get ALL of the experience that you can in there. No shame in losing, only in not fighting is there any shame.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in hearing how you progress........ Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X