Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any fighter in history jumped up 2 weight classes after being the Undisputed.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armstrong.
    Won the featherweight title, went up 4 weight classes in today's standard and won the welterweight title then drop back down two weight classes and won the featherweight in a year.

Kinda blows Hopkins out of the water now, doesn't it?

Comment

PRetty sure Armstrong had quite a few fights before fighting for the WW crown afterr he beat Sarron at FW

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        PRetty sure Armstrong had quite a few fights before fighting for the WW crown afterr he beat Sarron at FW
        Yes but did he have any at WW before challenging for the title?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Yes but did he have any at WW before challenging for the title?
          A few I'm pretty sure

Comment

Yeah, I probably didn't make clearly as I should have.

But he did hold the featherweight title when he went up to welterweight and when he drop back down to lightweight.

Comment

A few I'm pretty sure
              No he didn't.

Even for the welterwight title fight he only weighed in at 133lbs

Comment

this is kinda a cherry picking topic because it has too many stipulations. Its impressive that he went straight up and beat Tarver but he just lost his 2 previous fights to Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  this is kinda a cherry picking topic because it has too many stipulations. Its impressive that he went straight up and beat Tarver but he just lost his 2 previous fights to Taylor
                  Public polls indicate majority opinion is Hopkins won both fights.

Are you a fan that says holyfield drew vs lewis because thats what the record book says? or do you dismiss that and acknowledge the real winner..

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Are you a fan that says holyfield drew vs lewis because thats what the record book says? or do you dismiss that and acknowledge the real winner..
                    Armstrong didn't need no court of public opinion

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

no. I actually think Taylor won both fights and Im a Hopkins fan. I think he won each by a round if I can remember correctly

Comment

Working...
                      X