Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you recognize the winners on Sept14 as lineal champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Four the past 4 years Pac fans have been trying to convince us the catch weight thing didn't matter. Now it's the be all end all? LOL Mayweather could turn Mother Teresa in to a hypocrite.
    Pac competed for 2 WBO belts at CW, total. This fight has WBC, WBA Super, WBA Unified, Ring, every "lineal" belt you can think of. That's a whole lotta CW belts, requested by a guy that's currently a 154 "champ", who last year boasted about giving his blown up, past prime opponent Cotto 154.

The nice thing about Pac CWs is, if he wins that belt, you know he ****s or gets off the pot. He'll defend his belt at regulation weight, or go back down and drop the paper CW belt. If he knows he's too small for his 8th division, there's no pretense. Unlike the other guy that realized he's too small for his 5th, but didn't tell anyone for a year and kept the belt. Remember:

"I look at Miguel Cotto as an undefeated fighter because he faced Pacquiao, but Pacquiao caught him at a catch weight. He wasn't the best Miguel Cotto. He was drained. He wasn't hydrated. "

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Because I go by the true definition of "Lineal Titles" not no made up bull****

And Pacquiao is the only fighter in history to have 4 lineal titles in different weight classes so I know about lineal titles
      They're dreamers bro.

Comment

I dont think either fight is for the lineal title

You can't win the lineal title at a catchweight, thats a disgrace to lineal titles

And Pacquiao is the last true lineal champ at 140 when he beat Hatton and as far as I'm concerned, he still is.
        Barney Ross and Henry armstrong fought at a catchweight for the lineal title

Comment

And Pacquiao is the only fighter in history to have 4 lineal titles in different weight classes so I know about lineal titles
          So you still consider Mayweather lineal champion at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I don't think Floyd or Canelo should be #1 or #2 at 154, it should be either Lara or Molina. Floyd is the best fighter from 154 on down, and even though Canelo hasn't done much I think he would beat Lara and Molina, so in my book they're the two best fighters in that weightclass but not the most proven.
            Lara has fought against P.Will, Angulo, Martirosyan, Molina, and Freddy Herandez. He went 2-1-2 (1 KO) but should really be 3-0-1 (1KO). If anyone should be fighting for a lineal title at 154 it should be him.

Comment

How did Kostya Tszyu become the lineal champ?

Comment

Working...
              X