Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins, Richar Abril vs Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I used to lean towards Broner in this match-up. After tonight, I lean towards Abril.
    That's how it always is right after a fight, because the win is fresh in everybody's minds. Look how many were picking Peterson to beat Matthysse just last week. Then there was a lot of hype behind Broner after he beat DeMarco. Then the classic one, Dmitry Pirog after he KO'd Jacobs was really hyped up and also triple G after his first HBO win. The list goes on and on. Look at the guy that Abril fought tonight. He was as reckless as it gets. I wouldn't pick Abril to beat a fighter like Broner based on this performance. Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you. Just letting you know how I see it.

Comment

Abril needs space to work. Bogere was an idiot who literally dived into Abril as a way to avoid getting caught coming in (and still did), and I expect Broner to do a little better than that.

I think Abril will land clean but not frequently enough, and he will be taking a lot of punishment from Broner before he successfully ties him up. Broner got hit alot against Reese, but I think a lot of it was due to the fact that he felt Rees lack of power and didn't give a **** about taking a few punches to walk in and work.

Broner UD in a nasty, boring fight that no one will ever watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        That's how it always is right after a fight, because the win is fresh in everybody's minds. Look how many were picking Peterson to beat Matthysse just last week. Then there was a lot of hype behind Broner after he beat DeMarco. Then the classic one, Dmitry Pirog after he KO'd Jacobs was really hyped up and also triple G after his first HBO win. The list goes on and on. Look at the guy that Abril fought tonight. He was as reckless as it gets. I wouldn't pick Abril to beat a fighter like Broner based on this performance. Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you. Just letting you know how I see it.
        You are absolutely right about the bold. But, beyond that, the reasons why I'm leaning more towards Abril have to do with the grit he displayed tonight, and his apparent ability to find a way to win. The man is as crafty as they come. I can see him frustrating Broner all night long. It's a tough fight to call, but I've crossed the threshold into Abril territory.

Comment

You are absolutely right about the bold. But, beyond that, the reasons why I'm leaning more towards Abril have to do with the grit he displayed tonight, and his apparent ability to find a way to win. The man is as crafty as they come. I can see him frustrating Broner all night long. It's a tough fight to call, but I've crossed the threshold into Abril territory.
          I don't blame you, I think he's a good fighter too and would make it a very tough fight for Broner.

Comment

Tough fight. Favor Broner. But he struggles.

Comment

I'd pick Broner to either grind Richard down and stop him, or lose by decision. Or of course, win by bad decision. I'm not sure if Abril will ever be out of those woods with that style of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                I'd pick Broner to either grind Richard down and stop him, or lose by decision. Or of course, win by bad decision. I'm not sure if Abril will ever be out of those woods with that style of his.
                Broner's heavy-handed, but Abril's too much of a spoiler to get caught with repeated hard shots. I don't see Broner stopping him at all. But, yes, Abril has that style that will always lend itself to bad decisions/robberies (I believe that's what you meant to imply).

Comment

Broner's heavy-handed, but Abril's too much of a spoiler to get caught with repeated hard shots. I don't see Broner stopping him at all. But, yes, Abril has that style that will always lend itself to bad decisions/robberies (I believe that's what you meant to imply).
                  That is what I meant.

I think Broner would be able to adjust to Abril's style and land with some regularity, he is a very good fighter. The question for me is how long it would take for him to adjust.

Too long, and the fight slips away from him (again, maybe to return by bad decision)

Comment

It's an interesting match up. Both employ a similar defense, although I feel Abril is the better defensive fighter. Broner is by far the more powerful puncher with faster hands, but Abril can hold his own and has the style to possibly neutralize Broner's attack. Both guys also know how to fight inside pretty well, which is where this fight will be fought at mostly I feel. I think this fights goes 12 and would be pretty close.

Comment

The Problem will get inside those gangly arms and go to work.

Abril won't stand up to the punishment for too awful long.

Broner KO7 Abril with 1 caveat; I think Abril is gonna' land some punches. If Broner is concealing a brittle chin, I suspect we'll find out here.

Would like to see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X