Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genetically Brits can't fight, here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everything that you said, you can't build a top fighter on tea and krumpets. Best thing we ever did was dump that ****e in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
      Lennox Lewis tko'ed Vitali and who ever america had to offer.
      Lewis was Canadian .....

Comment

country is doing pretty ****ing well for its population size, no there arent many/any elite P4P type brit fighters but having that many world champions must count for something

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
          Lewis was Canadian .....
          Lennox was British Jamaican... he lived in Canada for a few years... but he was born in Britain to Jamaican parents. To call him Canadian is ridiculous... he has no Canadian blood, nor was he born there... he literally just moved there for a few years. He represented Britain for his entire professional career and considers himself British Jamaican. Just as Deontay is AFRICAN American.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            i know what you mean, but if you look at our current crop of prospects and amateurs you'll see a lot more stylistic variety than you would have ten years ago

british boxing is only getting stronger. we have contenders in almost every division, the talent pool has never been this wide or deep before (at least since i've been alive)
            Yes it is getting better...

but that flawed style of British boxing annoys me and always gets exposed down the line.

The typical British defense is to stand in one spot with a high guard - whenever i see see, i just nod my head in shame.

Also one thing i dislike about British boxers is there is no ring IQ being displayed, they throw punches for the sake of throwing punches

Tyson Fury is a exception, you can see him thinking in the ring, the same with Lennox.

I think we just need more forward thinking trainers like Booth, Ingle and Mcguigan.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
              Lennox was British Jamaican... he lived in Canada for a few years... but he was born in Britain to Jamaican parents. To call him Canadian is ridiculous... he has no Canadian blood, nor was he born there... he literally just moved there for a few years. He represented Britain for his entire professional career and considers himself British Jamaican. Just as Deontay is AFRICAN American.
              He learned his craft their,fought for them in the olympics etc....nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
                country is doing pretty ****ing well for its population size, no there arent many/any elite P4P type brit fighters but having that many world champions must count for something
                Yeah, it means that there are far too many world titles and that the UK
                Is the current paper title capital of the world.

Comment

He fought for them because he was a kid and that is where he lived, so yes of course he learnt to box in Canadian gyms and boxed for their national team. But that doesn't make someone Canadian. He also learnt how to box from Manny Steward midway through his career, that doesn't make him from the USA... you have a stronger case of arguing him being Jamaican (and not British) than you have of arguing he is Canadian. But again, the man himself classes himself as British/Jamaican... so nice try (although not really).

Comment

There are too many world titles i agree but then again how many american world champs would there be if there was 1 world champ per division?

Comment

This thread was just a bunch of banter and it blew up

Comment

Working...
                      X