Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the uk is shining in the boxing game right now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
    Yeah what the hell is degale thinking...why not build your fan base out there where the fans actually show up..... guys like crolla, smith, lee saunders,eubank jr and so many otheres contending right now
    Degale took that fight, to set up Degale vs Jack, for the WBC/IBF 168 belts, in London (which seems to be the direction that everyone is seemingly heading).

The US TV audience got another chance to see him live, Degale's name is still buzzing in the UK, and now he's positioned to take a massive fight back home (bringing Showtime International with it).

Not every fight is going to be a barnburner or mega-event.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Degale took that fight, to set up Degale vs Jack, for the WBC/IBF 168 belts, in London (which seems to be the direction that everyone is seemingly heading).

The US TV audience got another chance to see him live, Degale's name is still buzzing in the UK, and now he's positioned to take a massive fight back home (bringing Showtime International with it).

Not every fight is going to be a barnburner or mega-event.
      I feel ya... dc and boston is and odd place to stage a degale fight

Comment

I feel ya... dc and boston is and odd place to stage a degale fight
        For sure. Still, he got paid a boatload to fight for the IBF title in Boston, and the DC fight sets up a massive event for him in the UK (where all parties seem quite happy to stage the fight).

If I was in the circle, I would've advised him to take the two fights too.

Comment

Gotta tip my hat to the Brits the amount of good fighters coming from there right now is pretty special....tony bellews WBC title win this past weekend just adds to all the accomplishments coming out of there right now...
          Serious contenders, big names like Frampton,quigg,brook,fury,joshua,haye,degale and so many more... is this the brightest time the uk boxing scene has seen?
          Props to the UK big time. I think it was after Froch lost in the super six that they had 0 champs big time turnaround thst startedwith the amateur system

Comment

First of all let me just say the UK is a country filled with the biggest hype-jobs in boxing -- The HW champion (Tyson Fury) is ashamed of being considered British check his tweets if you don't believe me...Lennox Lewis represented Canada in the Olympics btw...Lee Selby has robbed his last two opponents : Eric Hunter and Fernando Montiel ( lost in America ) same applies for Jamie McDonnald ( In America unofficially ) vs Kamieda...then you got the biggest cheat in the HW division the incredible Hulk himself Anthony Joshua. Lets talk about Tony Bellew .....whenever Tony Bellew wins a vacant WBC title that means the stars have aligned for a miracle and they did as the REAL champion (Drozd was stripped to give that bum a shot) however if Drozds wouldn't have been stripped there's no way on earth Bellew has that title right now and you all know this.

Kell Brock...nvm I just got sick thinking about him. Carl Frampton when Santa Cruz get him in NY city this July its going to be the same tale when Brits come to America ; I think you know how the story ends. But I got to give props to Amir Khan and James Degale them are true Road Warriors: they dared to be great by coming over to USA they could of stayed home and fought the Voldemorts and Hugwarts of the UK for easy money but no they came into the Lions Den and made it..yet these ungrateful ignorant British fans dont appreciate the sacrifice that James Degale and Amir Khan have made to rep the UK...* Puke*

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              First of all let me just say the UK is a country filled with the biggest hype-jobs in boxing -- The HW champion (Tyson Fury) is ashamed of being considered British check his tweets if you don't believe me...Lennox Lewis represented Canada in the Olympics btw...Lee Selby has robbed his last two opponents : Eric Hunter and Fernando Montiel ( lost in America ) same applies for Jamie McDonnald ( In America unofficially ) vs Kamieda...then you got the biggest cheat in the HW division the incredible Hulk himself Anthony Joshua. Lets talk about Tony Bellew .....whenever Tony Bellew wins a vacant WBC title that means the stars have aligned for a miracle and they did as the REAL champion (Drozd was stripped to give that bum a shot) however if Drozds wouldn't have been stripped there's no way on earth Bellew has that title right now and you all know this.

Kell Brock...nvm I just got sick thinking about him. Carl Frampton when Santa Cruz get him in NY city this July its going to be the same tale when Brits come to America ; I think you know how the story ends. But I got to give props to Amir Khan and James Degale them are true Road Warriors: they dared to be great by coming over to USA they could of stayed home and fought the Voldemorts and Hugwarts of the UK for easy money but no they came into the Lions Den and made it..yet these ungrateful ignorant British fans dont appreciate the sacrifice that James Degale and Amir Khan have made to rep the UK...* Puke*
              You can say that, but many nations had 'filler' champs too. Very few nations have multiple hall of fame type resumes today due to many of the old guard retiring.

Also you must remember that many of the US, Eastern Euro's and probably south americans are cheats too if you mention Aj. In fact mant HOF from the US have been caught with something or admitted it.

Comment

Working...
              X