No announcement yet.

Is prison rape a Myth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Yeah that's my understanding about British prisons. There's plenty of gay sex among people with longer sentences, as you'd expect. Guy's got needs. But somebody raping other inmates? That would make him a nonce and Charlie Bronson will sort him out.

One thing that gets in the way of reform in American prisons is a general attitude that prison rape is hilarious and inevitable, with the resulting cultural cache that suggests that instead of being a horrible blight on the justice system that allows it to so readily occur it's part of the punishment. The mindset is that if you steal a car you deserve to be violently sexually violated.

The sooner Americans reject this notion the faster the prison system can work to eradicate it.
    Well said man, agreed 100 percent, americans need to have a good look at their prison system, because its a joke, and a laughing stock worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
      Well said man, agreed 100 percent, americans need to have a good look at their prison system, because its a joke, and a laughing stock worldwide.
      Prisons always lose out because no matter how effective a rehabilitation program is, it's a much easier sell to appeal to peoples' thirst for vengeance. I mean in Ontario people were kicking up a fuss because a few prison guards were working overtime to allow prisoners to watch the Superbowl on TV. It cost next to nothing, it gave prisoners a reward for good behaviour to aim at, and allowed a bit of humanity into their lives.

If you had a prison program that could eliminate street robberies in a decade and cost a billion pounds the tabloids would be screaming bloody murder about the cost, even though the savings to society would far outweigh the expense. But propose a bare cell with a straw matress and nothing but bread, water and scurvy and it would be applauded as a victory for common sense.

Comment

Prison sex is NOT, I repeat NOT, what it used to be. I work in law enforcement and it doesn't happen as often as pop culture says it does.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          If you go to prison acting extra tough or like a lil b1tch...you are going to get ****ed
          fcuk American prison

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            Prison sex is NOT, I repeat NOT, what it used to be. I work in law enforcement and it doesn't happen as often as pop culture says it does.
            What's your job?.

Comment

Comment

Put that Kool-aid powder on your lips boy!!!

Comment

Working...
                X