Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter vs Brook done deal! August 9 in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping Brook pulls this off, we get a potential Khan vs Brook fight for a title at Wembley..

Khan has already done his share of the work, now it's time for Brook to play his part and get his hype train running

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      porter will leap from across the hudson river and land the left hook on brook's chin.

knockout inside eight. porter is a scary welterweight. he's too strong to clinch, has fast feet, and has punching power.
      Porters power is being somewhat overrated, how many TKO's has he scored in his last dozen fights?

Brooks chin is however dodgy so u may have a point

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
        It looks like it'll be a Haymon card on Showtime

haymon can't be a promotor and a manager. it violates the ali act.

he's acted as both a manager and promoter in the past, but he can't explicitly set up a promotional entity if he's explicitly managing these fighters.

we don't know how he operates. i'm led to believe that he's not officially the "manager" of these fighters, and instead acts as an "advisor." in the past, he's acted on behalf of the fighter to get favorable deals with TV networks. that's really not what managers do, and is more similar to promoting.

we will start to learn more about what he does, and what he's done in the past, if he starts to move toward becoming a promotor.

boxing is a shady, shady business.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          For Brook this is make or break

Wins this he gains a lot of respect and a possible Khan fight, and if he beats Khan he could go on to fight Floyd

If he loses this and sadly it's his own fault for waiting for so long to step up, he'll go back and end his career as a domestic level boxer

Brooks lack of good competition might be his downfall, sometimes u spend ur career fighting low level competition, it's a shock to ur system when u face someone wordclass
          If by some miracle Brook does win, I don't see why he would target Khan over a fight with Floyd in the UK. He would have enough (Champ Belt) to out bargain Khan and in a sick sense, have a great way to stick-it to Khan for all the years of rejection.

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          Porter will spank him silly.
          Agreed!!!

The only chance Brook has is to try and outbox Porter and hope he can sway the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Porters power is being somewhat overrated, how many TKO's has he scored in his last dozen fights?

Brooks chin is however dodgy so u may have a point

paulie has a great chin, man. he's been in with some real punchers. porter knocked him into next week.

his power is legit. so is his size. he's a huge welterweight. you don't fake being able to send somebody's head flying around, or knocking them all but unconscious.

i worry about peds with porter, personally. he never showed great snap in the past. he's a good athlete, so it's possible that he's improved his technique and learned to explode through targets, but you doubt it at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              If by some miracle Brook does win, I don't see why he would target Khan over a fight with Floyd in the UK. He would have enough (Champ Belt) to out bargain Khan and in a sick sense, have a great way to stick-it to Khan for all the years of rejection.

Agreed!!!

The only chance Brook has is to try and outbox Porter and hope he can sway the judges.
              Khan brings in the £££

They could do what Groves and Froch did and sell out Wembley, i am confident

Brook needs this win more than anything...Floyd will not give Brook a fight even if he beats Porter...in the scheme of things Porter is still a nobody.

Brook needs a high profile win, Khan is perfect name to add to his resume, but to get the fight he needs that title, which Porter has now

Comment

Should be a good scrap.

Comment

And I just left the east coast. MFers!

Comment

paulie has a great chin, man. he's been in with some real punchers. porter knocked him into next week.

his power is legit. so is his size. he's a huge welterweight. you don't fake being able to send somebody's head flying around, or knocking them all but unconscious.

i worry about peds with porter, personally. he never showed great snap in the past. he's a good athlete, so it's possible that he's improved his technique and learned to explode through targets, but you doubt it at his age.
                    Paulie is somewhat shot though

I'm not saying Porter has no power, just he is no Thurmann. Brook does however have a suspect chin and a leaky defence and Porter probably can hurt him.

Brook has some power though, has Porter ever been in the ring with someone who hits hard as Brook?

Comment

Porter is most likely juiced.

However Paulie is crap so that KO is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X