No announcement yet.

Dimitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimitry Pirog

Anybody heard anything about when he's planning on making a return?

Personally think he's the best at 160 after GGG and Martinez. He could easily fight at 168 as well...I'd love to see him take on Ward.

Very underrated fighter.
    Last edited by John Locke; 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM.

He's beaten who exactly to be the 3rd best middleweight? You can just say you like the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
      He's beaten who exactly to be the 3rd best middleweight? You can just say you like the guy.
      Judging based on what I've seen of him.

Sometimes you can just see that a fighter is talented even before they've beaten anybody of note, it's called having an eye for talent.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Golovkin hasn't beat anyone besides Macklin, and you can tell he's got the goods. You can just say you don't like some fighters. It's obvious Pirog is a good fighter.

and to OP: last I heard he was planning on making a comeback late this year and said he's ready to fight for a world title. Don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          Golovkin hasn't beat anyone besides Macklin, and you can tell he's got the goods. You can just say you don't like some fighters. It's obvious Pirog is a good fighter.

and to OP: last I heard he was planning on making a comeback late this year and said he's ready to fight for a world title. Don't quote me on that.
          Pirog's never beaten a Macklin, either.

It's sad, but this guy seems too hurt and irrelevant now. Doubt he'll ever matter again.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
            Judging based on what I've seen of him.

Sometimes you can just see that a fighter is talented even before they've beaten anybody of note, it's called having an eye for talent.
            It's also called, overrating someone based on you watching them look good against nobodies.

Call it what you want, though.

Comment

It's too bad his career has been plagued by injuries and also Ross Greenberg not putting him back on HBO after one of the best KOs of the year. Damn shame.

Comment

He's got a fun offensive minded non-typical European style; it's a shame that he couldn't make anything out of his career....

Comment

Unfortunately he caught BBS (broken back syndrome) off Tyson.

Comment

I hope he comes back as good or better than before. I was impressed with his speed and boxing skills and thought he was the next best middleweight after GGG. Martinez seemed to want no part of Pirog.

Comment

Working...
                    X