No announcement yet.

Emmanuel Stewart your thoughts on this comment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmanuel Stewart your thoughts on this comment

Tyson Fury - "Will be the next superstar dominant heavyweight" Emanuel Steward

31st January, 2011

Last weeks Sky Sports Ringside featured an interview with one of the greatest names in the game, the legendary trainer Emanuel Steward.

During this interview reporter Ed Robinson asked Emanuel Steward: "Your working now with another British Heavyweight in Tyson Fury, how good potentially is he."

Emanuel Stewart answered: "Tyson fury has the ability and I think in my expectations will be the next superstar dominant heavyweight much along the lines of Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko. The way that he's progressing now I believe he can be maybe the complete package for the heavyweight division because of his talent, he's good looking guy and very colourful personality, I think he can be a tremendous shot in the arm for the heavyweight division in the future."

Fury is a mug. He may hit world class in todays piss poor division with his size really helping but he aint gonna be nothing special John McDermott beat him the first time for gods sake!

Steward is going down in my estimations these days too

Comment

That is a laughable remark. Fury is a slob with no technical skills. Just another big gump who will add to the oversized bores that already rule the division. This is the same idiot who punched himself in the face and goes the distance with fat out of shape tomato cans.

Opposition he has struggled with would be easy 1 round KO's for guys like Tyson, Holyfield, and other great heavies.

Tyson Fury is an absolute joke but I can believe that Steward would say that.

I heard Steward talking about a local fighter here in Detroit and he compared him to Mike Tyson. He was a small arabic guy, a heavyweight. He won 1 fight then lost the next two, he was a bum yet Steward talked about him like he was going to be the next big thing probably because he was a Kronk fighter.

He used to say the same thing about Andy Lee yet Andy Lee was exposed and has been out of the light ever since. Steward is getting less and less reputable all the time and this statement to me puts him over the edge because Tyson Fury to me is truly awful.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          That video always gives me the lulz.
          I'm sure he did another time?

Comment

Steward is a great trainer and could turn a lot of average boxers into good boxers. But while he deserves full credit for the work he did with Lewis and Wlad, those guys were already world class when he started working with them. They had won Olympic gold medals and world titles. They were very good and he helped to make them great. That's an impressive feat but helping Lewis and Wlad become great is a lot easier than doing it with someone like Fury.

That being said I do like Tyson, I think he's entertaining and find his trash-talking amusing. But if Manny turns him into a world champion then surely he could turn any NBA player into one, because Tyson is not much technique-wise and the main things he has going for him right now are his size and the fact that he's more athletic than most of the fat whales in the division.

Comment

Working...
            X