Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cordova-Lopez. This fight is why you need a good corner to lean on when a fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordova-Lopez. This fight is why you need a good corner to lean on when a fight...

becomes tough. The low blow called in this fight was wrong. Lopez was hurt to the body before that side semi low blow, and faked his way out of being hurt after doubling over and running a round or two before. I remember Gatti when he fought Tracy Harris Patterson in their first fight, and Gatti got hit with a wicked body shot which put Gatti down, and Gatti should've been counted out, but faked the low blow, and the ref believed him.

Lopez almost did the same thing, and got away with it fooling his opponent. I don't fault Lopez for doing that at all...infact it was smart. After Cordova hurt Lopez with the body shot, and the round was over...Cordova's corner should've told him, "Look...he can't take it to the body...jab your way in and then go after the body for the entire round"! Lopez did box smart, but Cordova's corner should've taken a page out of Leonard-Hearns when you can hear Leonard's cornerman screaming, "Body, body Ray......BODY, BODY RAY BODY RAY BOOOOOOOOOOODY" LOL...and screamed "BODY"......

Cordova's corner must've thought he was winning. Lopez was ready to go imo, and Cordova let him off the hook. I blame the corner for not being forceful enough or maybe even smart enough to avidly inform Cordova that you are losing, and that you hurt him to the body badly, and go after Lopez with all you have. The man doubled over and ran from you.

Lopez did box and clinch the next round which was smart, but when you have a guy hurt to the body, a good fighter usually finishes the job. Cordova can either blame himself or his corner. I blame them all, but the corner more for not seeing their fighters opponent hurt to the body early in the fight!!!

Good fight though... Good back and forth action.

Comment

it was a great fight. i thought cordova was going to finish him but he didn't. they didn't show a reply on the first low blow but the second one was low. i also dont have a problem with the decision.

Comment

yea hell of an eight rounder but i agree to an extent. I thought Lopez was hurt to the body too, but the low blow was a legit low blow.

THose hip shots can hurt.

The Body work was really the key to that fight. Lopez was KILLING Cordova to the body early on and i thought for SURE he would wear him down and stop him late.

BUt Cordova is one tough guy man. Just took those shots and came on very strong late.

Good fight

Comment

Lopez showed some heartn and some ring smarts because he was hurt badly to the body. He boxed where Cordova kept looking for head shots. Some times fighters get stubborn and think that they can take a guy out with head shots. You can make punches glance off the head, but not the body. Cordova learned a lesson about fighters who can take a head shot. Go to the body!!!

Comment

Working...
          X