Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are business management degrees any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends I guess. You don't really need a degree in business to get up the ladder really. Better off starting your own business.

Comment

From experience, the people that graduated in my class with a major in business management struggled to ger a job or start a career. For us with a major in accounting, it was easier. Most if not all have a career and making good money. The few with a minor in management and major in accounting are doing great. Student association help a lot. Look into ENACTUS or the local student chapter of the Chamber of Commerce.

Comment

but really OP why did you have to say your friend is studying it. why not just say you are.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
          but really OP why did you have to say your friend is studying it. why not just say you are.
          cos he actually is.... ?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            Best bet is to get a degree in Economics, which is what I'm doing. Business management degrees and business degrees in general don't do much anymore. But as people have said, it's more who you know nowadays instead of what you know, even though it's still good to know as much as possible.
            Don't listen to this guy unless you're interested in becoming a government economist....helping in ruining the private sector.

Its either that or joining academia and brain washing young minds and turning them into govt intervention into the economy loving freaks...again helping ruing the private sector economy.

The only useful thing about a degree in economics is the classes in accounting...I would imagine. You might as well get a degree in accounting, become a corporate accountant and help some company dodge paying taxes by finding loopholes.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Filibuster View Post
              Don't listen to this guy unless you're interested in becoming a government economist....helping in ruining the private sector.

Its either that or joining academia and brain washing young minds and turning them into govt intervention into the economy loving freaks...again helping ruing the private sector economy.

The only useful thing about a degree in economics is the classes in accounting...I would imagine. You might as well get a degree in accounting, become a corporate accountant and help some company dodge paying taxes by finding loopholes.
              Right..because those are the only two paths to take. Not even going to take you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                Right..because those are the only two paths to take. Not even going to take you seriously.
                It doesn't matter what you think fish. Either way...people with economics degrees spend their life opining about the economy as opposed to running their own business ...whether as some progressive university professor or appointed by politicians, central planning from some govt eiffel tower....never having to worry about consequences for being wrong. While others run the businesses in the private sector and grow the economy.
                Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                  Personally, I'd say save yourself the debt and figure out another way. Business management degree or no business management degree, you're not gonna be hired at the top. Youll be hired at the mid to low level range, and just like everybody else you'll have to put in the time, gain experience, etc. Nobody is gonna hire a young pup with no experience straight out of college to an important role in their company.

It can help you get your foot into the door, but in reality rarily are people hiring people with no experience in such fields. You'll have to work and gain experience, might as well get started on that and save the debt.

Or start your own business...

most people do not have the capital [or the credit,] to manage any costs for starting the b#Tch, or the nuts to run the ship.

if the TS is asking for advice on a boxing forum, he probably doesn't have what it takes.

Comment

New England got everything handed on a plate to him off rich pops, true story.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Filibuster View Post
                      It doesn't matter what you think fish. Either way...people with economics degrees spend their life opining about the economy as opposed to running their own business ...whether as some progressive university professor or appointed by politicians, central planning from some govt eiffel tower....never having to worry about consequences for being wrong. While others run the businesses in the private sector and grow the economy.
                      You're right. I'm completely changing my whole plan I had for myself. ****ing minge.

Comment

Working...
                      X