Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto & Mayweather have no business fighting at 154,shud go back to 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly i think Trout would beat Mayweather quite easily. He's fast, throws a lot of punches, can fight well on the outside and has a chin that Mayweather can't hurt. Mayweather get's overwhelmed if they fight.

Comment

No business fighting at a weight class, where they remain only a few lbs heavier than weigh in?

No, Trout has no business at 154, when he's coming in 20 lbs heavier.

There needs to be better safety nets to such dramatic weight gains, it makes a mockery of the point of having weight divisions when one guy in there is at super welter weight, the other Super Middle weight.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
        floyd can move fine at 154. i'm guessing you buy that floyd's legs are gone sentiment? trout's not landing floyd until he gets another big win. one's not going to cut it
        he can move fine but not like he used to...used to think the same thing as u until reading a recent interview with roger saying floyd doesnt like using his legs anymore (but he'd still kick anyone's ass at 90%)
        Originally posted by fitefan View Post
        you should take that gif d.i.e.s.e.l posted and use it as your sig ;-)
        which one are u referring to?

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Honestly i think Trout would beat Mayweather quite easily. He's fast, throws a lot of punches, can fight well on the outside and has a chin that Mayweather can't hurt. Mayweather get's overwhelmed if they fight.
        trout was a better counterpuncher against cotto but mayweather is the best counterpuncher in the sport right now...mayweather is a much smarter fighter than cotto is and would school trout

Comment

I've seen a lot of claims that Cotto can't make 147 from people on this site, so if that's true then Cotto is kind of stuck. Cotto can beat most 154 pounders, he's not a midget at the weight.

Mayweather is good enough to set off the size disadvantage, but I'd agree that 147 is his weight and that's where he should fight.

Comment

I feel that way as well, and even though Floyd is good enough to compete there (and so is Cotto to a lesser extent) I feel he has no business being there. But hey, they know their body better we do and they have to be there for a reason. So it's not fair to say they don't belong at the weight class when they are making the choice, sounds like excuse city to me. We can also start claiming that Martinez isn't a true 160 pounder, Guerrero, Bradley, and Pacquiao aren't true welter weights, but really what's the point? They're there for whatever reason and we shouldn't make excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Let's face it guys,Cotto and Mayweather are very small guys who have no business fighting at 154lbs.Does anyone disagree with the fact that these two need to go back to 147lbs?
              Floyd is abit taller than Cotto, way more Reach(Middle weight type of reach) has Cat like reflexes, this alone will make him Top Middle weight for a long time, not taking into account his ring IQ

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                Trout moves way better than Mayweather at this weight.
                you jest me right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                  Let's face it guys,Cotto and Mayweather are very small guys who have no business fighting at 154lbs.Does anyone disagree with the fact that these two need to go back to 147lbs?
                  So to all that said that Cotto was weight drained at the Manny fight, they all should be eating crow by now...

Comment

I think both guys have done fine at the weight. Mayweather is 2-0, Cotto 3-2 but what we have to realise is that Cotto is well past his best now. Yet has still beaten three champions during his time at 154. Cotto did not get humiliated by Trout or beaten up, he got out worked and at times out classed in a very close and competitive fight. Personally it's one of my fave fights this year.

Floyd on the other hand is a terrific boxer, even with his legs and skills slowing his skills are enough t beat most guys at 154. In fact I think the only one who beats him at 154 is aguy who is currently mw king. Floyd v Canelo/Trout/Bundrage, they all lose.

Comment

Mayweather came in against Cotto weighting 147 on fight night. Cotto was around 162. If Cotto weights in at 147 to fight Mayweather he will get beat down and stopped with in 7 rounds. Cotto is a Monster at 154, Trout just out boxed him. Styles makes fight! A canelo vs Cotto fight might be shocking to a few. I would pick Cotto to win against Canelo, If you can't avoid Cottos short left hook to the body and head, he will hurt and then stop you. Cotto has no business fighting below 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X