Is Amir Khan that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    lol AT THIS ******, IVE NEVER HEARD OF A FIGHTER PEAKING AT 24
    Hamed peaked in his early 20s, not everyone peaks at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMuffin View Post
      Just because a fighter retires at 28, doesn't mean he peaks before that.
      So you're saying he retires while he is still in his prime (Age 27-28)?

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        Sure the kids improved under Roach & he is maturing nicely but I can't help but think this kid is so damn overrated.

Forget him being dropped by cans & his loss to a Columbian farmer.

Tell me why he is so highly praised when realistically he has beaten nothing but hasbins and midgets.

He beat barrera's ghost, Salita? I mean who the ****? The guy was like 30-0 & barely top 100 lol
        Then who was there? The feather fisted Paulie Malignaggi, Paulies a very good boxer but has no power what so ever but still he out-boxed Paulie and did a great job, so I have to give him credit there.

Then we have Maidana, tough as ****, power is very overrated and he is 1-D, gave Khan hell in there in a great fight which realistically Khan was meant to win with ease (Maidana was a 5-1 underdog)

McCloskey, not exactly bad, tricky southpaw with a little bit of pop, though Khan won every round he looked sloppy as hell doing so and the stoppage was b/s

Judah's ghost.

What is so great about his CV? People actually on here give him a chance against Mayweather? Please STFU!

I can't believe how easy he has had it, perfect timing IMO.

He goes to 147 he is history. I think he would probably beat Bradley if I am honest but IMO the light-welter division is ****ry, so much talent but nothing I mean why isn't Joan Guzman fighting? That boy has bags of talent! But his weight issues and inactivity and ridiculous.

Matthysse has been robbed IMO twice, nobody gives a **** about Alexander, Khan won't rematch Maidana, Alvarado I am undecided upon, nobody cares about Peterson though I personally feel his style would give Khan absolute hell. Soto is high risk-low reward. Morales is shot, Holts done & I am not buying his comeback b/s

The divisions bollocks, Khan should go to 147 and get murdered.

Ortiz after Mayweather stuffs him or maybe Aydin, Brook, Berto, Jones, Bailey or Senchenko would be a great start but I see most of them K.O'ing him

Green K given very nicely said man, I also agree im not a Mayweather Fan but I respect the Man and Think he is the most skillfull boxer out there , I don't care he has my respect and has shown it, But this whole Amir Khan beats Money May is a F joke , I thought i was the only one that thought about Amir but posters here be overrating his ass

Comment

- Khan won 12 rounds against prime-Kotelnik, who went on to beat Devon Alexander.

- Battered Malignaggi

- Beat Maidana in a great fight, proved he has great heart and his chin isn't glass

- Destroyed Judah (past-prime, but was coming off a good streak on wins and had a title)

- Made Bradley run with his tail between his legs.

Khan is the best 140-pounder out there and nearly top-10 P4P (I rank him at 12)

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
            He said he'll retire at 28, according to you're post then, he retires in his peak?

KURT COBAIN "It's better to burn out than to fade away....

Comment

Hamed peaked in his early 20s, not everyone peaks at the same time.
              Hamed wAS A VERY UNORTHADOX FIGHTER WHO USED HIS OWN STYLE, REFUSED TO EVEN PUT HIS HANDS UP, WORKED WITH MANNY STEWARD AND DIDNT CHANGE ABIT, KHAN IS ALWAYS LEARNING AND YOU CAN SEE THAT WITH EVERY FIGHT....

Comment

Originally posted by SdBoxingFan83 View Post
                Green K given very nicely said man, I also agree im not a Mayweather Fan but I respect the Man and Think he is the most skillfull boxer out there , I don't care he has my respect and has shown it, But this whole Amir Khan beats Money May is a F joke , I thought i was the only one that thought about Amir but posters here be overrating his ass
                Green K sent for yourself.

Comment

So you're saying he retires while he is still in his prime (Age 27-28)?
                  Well, Khan said he wants to leave boxing the way he entered the sport, and said he wants to clean up the 140 and 147 lbs division by 28.

Comment

PM, maidana and kotelnik are all very good wins. stfu about his his res, still quite young with not too many fights

Comment

Khan's already peaked.
                      You're on ****ing crack if you think he has peaked

He's already one of the top fighters on the planet and there is SO much more he can improve on, which isn't good for anyone at 140-147 not named Mayweather or Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X