Commonwealth Games Finals on now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Games Finals on now

BBC red button.

I think Northern Ireland got its first gold, Paddy Barnes winning the light flyweight final. I missed it ffs.
    We've got 4 more finalists today, and i think they are all against other home nations so there shouldnt be any home cooking.

Comment

Patrick Gallagher beats Englands Callum Smith (brother of Paul and Stephen) 11-6 in the WW final to win N.Irelands 2nd gold medal out of 2 finals so far. 3 more to go!

Comment

Well done N.Ireland.

Callum Johnson will win the Light Heavyweight Gold for Scotland. I used to spar with him 2 to 3 years ago. He just gets better and better. I would be shocked if he doesn't pull it off, but he is a known body attacker, and has been penalised for low-blows which shouldn't have been. The scoring is still shit.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          Well done N.Ireland.

Callum Johnson will win the Light Heavyweight Gold for Scotland. I used to spar with him 2 to 3 years ago. He just gets better and better. I would be shocked if he doesn't pull it off, but he is a known body attacker, and has been penalised for low-blows which shouldn't have been. The scoring is still shit.
          he's fighting now against another northern irish man.

Comment

this is a beat down. 6-1 is flattering to say the least. your boy is good.

Comment

He's huge for a Light Heavy. I'm at work, so can't see shit.

Comment

He's huge for a Light Heavy. I'm at work, so can't see shit.
                finished 8-1 i think, 3rd round was just the scot protecting his lead he built up. was 0-0 i think after the 1st but the scot was landing solid punches that werent scoring (body shots and uppercuts in close). 2nd round he put a beating on him.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  finished 8-1 i think, 3rd round was just the scot protecting his lead he built up. was 0-0 i think after the 1st but the scot was landing solid punches that werent scoring (body shots and uppercuts in close). 2nd round he put a beating on him.
                  Thanks for the update. I'll watch the highlights tonight.

Which fights are left?

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'll watch the highlights tonight.

Which fights are left?
                    MW for sure, its the n.irish captain o'kane v the english guy that beat the indian cos he was docked 4 points in the last round whilst leading 3-0, and HW is still to come (NI v Eng). Probably SHW aswell. dont think LMW, or SMW have been on yet or the BWs

I missed the 1st few. and as the LHW was just on they must not be in order of weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X